The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
7T2

asedeals.com - Bend Pak lifts

I copied and pasted this from another board I posted it on rather than retyping it. I have the lift in my posession and installed now, and it turned out to be a pretty good deal. Just thought I'd share.

I have been in the market for a lift and thought I would share a deal I found. Hopefully this won't violate any of the rules of this forum, and is in the right place. I do not represent any of the companies listed below, I'm just a guy that has been looking for a lift for a while now.

For you no-nonsense types, go here: http://www.asedeals.com/two_post_lift_specs.html and check out the Bend-Pak MX-10ACX. If you call them right now their price is $2199 SHIPPED.

I have found that to be a pretty good price for this particular lift. I frequently see it for over $3000 shipped. I don't know how long that deal is good for, which is why I am posting it now, before actually receiving the lift.

For those who want to know how I arrived at this decision, read on. I have done a lot of research and I feel this deal is worth sharing. Hopefully mine will arrive without any problems. If anything screwy happens I will update this post.

First off, I want to say that I am not one of those people that have a problem with anything made offshore or outside the USA. Quite the contrary, I regularly shop at places like www.harborfreight.com , and I believe in getting the most for my money, as long as quality doesn't suffer. In fact, I was all set to buy a different lift from www.gregsmithequipment.com (the Atlas Pro V10, which is very similar to the Bend-Pak in the deal above), and the only thing that stopped me was that they didn't currently have that particular lift in stock. In the days of research that I did on the web I never came across a bad comment about Greg Smith Equipment or the lift that I was looking at, so I have nothing bad to say about them, I think I just came upon a better deal. The Atlas lift is made offshore and is not certified, but I have found out that that is typical of every lift I could find in this price range. (The Atlas goes for $1995 plus shipping). I was really hoping to find a lift that was ALI certified (more on that later) in my price range, but the lifts in the price range I was looking in ($2000) are generally described as "hobbyist" lifts as opposed to "professional" lifts, so I had resolved myself to finding the best company and lift in the "hobbyist" realm, regardless of certification.

If you haven't explored lift certification, it goes something like this: Basically, there is no "required" certification for any kind of automotive lift, although the industry is somewhat self policing. What does exist is what is called the ALI, or Automotive Lift Institute, http://home.cfl.rr.com/adubin/index.html . This organization encourages its member companies to have their lifts tested by an independent company to recieve a certification sticker. To be a member a company must have more than 70% of their lift models go through the certification process. This is a nice thing to see on the side of a lift, but it costs money so you typically don't see it on lifts in the sub $2500 range.

Many lift companies selling cheaper lifts will say that their lift meets or exceeds ANSI or OSHA standards, but unless it has that sticker on the side it hasn't gone through the rigorous testing required for ALI approval. I thought this would be important to have, as I have never fully trusted the two post design anyways, but I was disappointed to find out that none of the lifts in my price range had it.

Somehow I managed to stumble across ASE's website, and halfheartedly reread the info on the Bend-Pak lifts, knowing that they were out of my price range. I was very surprised when I finally came to the price and saw what it was, and then saw that they were having a sale! I had seen this lift before at a couple of other places that I had looked, and I knew it went for way more than that so I checked again. Sure enough, it was close to $3000 before shipping:

http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/860780.htm

http://pricenettools.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=252

So I called them up to make sure I was reading the page right. This lift is ALI Certified, Direct Drive (less moving parts like chains and pulleys), plus it's mde in the good ol' US of A. 5 year warranty and a company that has been in business for 40 years so you should be able to get parts down the road. I should have it in a week or so, so I can report on the
quality and delivery then. Hopefully this experience will be problem free. At this price it makes sense to go with a 10,000 lb. lift versus a 7,000 or 9,000 lb. model. Should be plenty stout for any car, plus it should be capable of lifting my Dually as well. I got the wider, taller version because I have the room for it, but the smaller versions of the same lift are even less. It also includes everything you need to get it up and running except the hydraulic fluid. Even comes with truck adapters.

So there you have it. I spent at least a weeks worth of evenings researching these things, and I just thought it made sense to share my findings in case anyone else has been on the fence about one of these things. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it turns out.
Attached Images

7T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
72armyswbtruck

Re: asedeals.com - Bend Pak lifts

Good, to know, I am awaiting my shop to be built before I get a lift, but when I do, boy watch out