The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
78f1hundo

Thumbs down Problems with CPP, more of a warning....

Well, I figure I would help the rest of you out. I ordered a transmission cross member from CPP and did some test fitting last week. Well, before I ordered it I called the Tech line and talked to them and they told me the one I needed and I ordered it online with a coupon code. After doing the test fitting, I found out I had the wrong one. I called CPP up and explained to them the issue, he said no problem and sent me an RA number and I had to pay shipping back to them, ok cool, and once they recieved the I sent back, they would send out the correct one. So I received the new one and it fits perfect and so then I looked at the invoice, charge of over 21 bucks. So I called them and asked why? The guy I got a hold of was on the defensive side right of the bat and got all huffy. He said that the coupon code or discount is not avaiable and I had to pay shipping for the new one. Which whatever, I stated that I was not aware of any charges that would be applied to my card and that is not what was agreed to. He said, tough, that is the way it is. I then said, that is too bad, I have a bunch more to order brakes, springs, etc... Then he said, good luck with that....

I just hate the fact that I ordered the part they told me I needed and it was wrong and it cost me time and money for there blunder!

It will be a long time before I order parts from them or at all, 20 some bucks is not a big deal, but every dollar helps.

It's more there loss, I will have thousands of dollars yet to spend with them.

So, as a warning to you guys, make sure you buy the right parts and if returning items no discounts or any shipping will be covered by CPP.

You have been warned.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
keh27

Re: Problems with CPP, more of a warning....

I'm just hoping I get my issues worked out with them, but after that i'm done for good.
keh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
earl84

Twenty bucks isn't the real issue. That whole process was wrong from start to finish. Not a good way of doing business, and if they keep that up, they won't be around for long. There are a lot of places that treat people right where we can spend our money.
earl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
Kerry P

You might have lucked out. I bought a car that had one of their brake kits. It was almost impossible to push the car. The caliper was not centered with respect to the rotor. I don’t know how someone ever got the caliper on with full thickness pads in place. From what I found in cyberspace I was not the only person with the issue.
Kerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I think CPP has fantastic products, their CS sux beyond reasonable understanding though!

I would get in touch with one of our supporting vendors that carry their parts and deal with them.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #6
CheyenneSuper72

CPP has the worst customer service department that I have ever dealt with. All of the parts have been good quality though. Be aware before you do business with them. Don't get in a hurry dealing with them either....you will more than likely be in for a wait if you don't get the right parts the first time.......or the second time. FYI. Good luck!!
CheyenneSuper72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
Ratpin

I have now made my first and LAST purchase from CPP. I had read all the horror stories about thier crappy customer service but figured the part I want is being sold on ebay so hopefully I wont have to deal with them...wrong. I bought the item on ebay and get an email from them that it is on back order? What? Doesn't ebay have a policy about sellers selling items they can't supply? Of course 2 days of trying to call CPP about the issue and can never get through due to "high volume of calls". More like high volume of dissatisfied customers due in part to your crappy service.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #8
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

get with TNT Motorsports. they are a CPP dealer and will treat you right.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #9
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
get with TNT Motorsports. they are a CPP dealer and will treat you right.
Clyde65 thank you for the support .... !

I do try to stock some stuff from CPP , I havent built up a big inventory by any means yet and I am still trying to figure out what to stock . So far all of the parts we have gotten from them fit well and appear to be made well.
I will tell you this ..... IF I recommend a part and it is the wrong part .... The Cost is on us. I will make sure you are treated the way you expect to be . Any Questions ..... it is always best to call.
ksbrktracer is offline   Reply With Quote