The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
80stepsideguy
Laid back freak

DONE buying from brothers

I am sorry if i get carried away from here but.

I purchased parts from the company in the title for the last time.Only 2 orders i placed and both times they had parts backordered.I figure i would be nice and help spread the wealth onto some other vendors.I ask them on my order and the 1st time was the rubber pads were on backorder for my bed and the hood to cowl seal as well.I mean ok n/p .I cancel the rest of my order and move on.I go back cause there having their fall sale and wanted a few odds and ends.I only order a bumper bolt kit for the rear and the bolts to hold the licence plate frame in and the rear light.ALL 3 WERE BACKORDERED.And the guy told me the light was in stock.I get a partial order yesterday, telling me its on B/O and will ship ASAP.If i knew i was going to get this much hassle from this so called company i wouldve bought from LMC or classic industries.I am sorry folks but to me this is just pathetic business.I`m not building a chump change truck here.I put alot of loot in this to get this treatment.So if i were you please look elsewhere. NUFF SAID!!!

thanks
pat
80stepsideguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: DONE buying from brothers

Hey Pat sorry bout your troubles with Brothers ... Did you know we have an area specifically for this kind of post? Check it out http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=122

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Shane
Account Suspended

that sux. i've never had a problem with brothers.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
augie
Waiting for Paul to Open Safe

Moved to proper forum.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
80stepsideguy
Laid back freak

T/y for the movement, i didn`t know where to post this.I`m sorry i had to tell you all about my experience with this company.I don`t like bashing anyone but 2 orders and 2 times both orders were backordered.I never had a problem with anyone before but this is ridiculous.And they even claim they will not withdraw funds until the parts have been shipped.Well i notice they withdraw the exact amount that very night after the transaction is completed.So to me there is a lie..

Thanks
Pat

p.s. just goes to show ya i need to take my business elsewhere and i want to build a LWB 4x4 73-80 next.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

So,you won't do business because some parts were back ordered? I dunno,I've never expected instant results and am just grateful all these parts are available.They weren't always.I can't expect someone to have every part all the time sitting on a shelf waiting for me to call.9 times out of 10 my local NAPA store has to get my part in for me.I actually anticipate it.I still give them my business and plan to continue.I usually have to order the parts I need at the GM dealership I've dealt with for over 30 years.It's great to get what you want when you want it,but I'm not one who expects that.The amount I spend on my vehicle has no bearing on a business's ability to keep parts in stock.I'm glad Brothers produces some parts that no one else does.I look at it like we need them all to have the vast amount of parts that are available.I'm not telling anyone else what to do,but back ordered parts will never keep me from doing business with a company.The way I see it,It's just the way it is.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
80stepsideguy
Laid back freak

I have purchased parts from many companies and 2 for 2 on backorder parts?? I placed many orders with other companies and gotten great results or at least a email telling me there on backorder and to accept their apologies.Not 1 thing from them.I mean c`mon a set of bumper bolts and some hardware for a licence plate frame and there on backorder? If i knew i was going to get this much hassle i wouldve went to my local hardware store where i spent a good chunk of money just for hardware for the bed i wouldve done that inthe 1st place.But since there advertising their fall sale i thought well i`m here i may as well try.Well i tried and my results were failed.But enough said i am just telling you my view on this company and i bet they make parts that others don`t thats fine.But everything i ever needed for my truck other companies had and i chose to try here and i refuse to ever go to them again.I know when there catalogs come i`ll use it as starting paper for my pile of brush i burn when it gets to high..

thanks
pat
Old 11-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
MrDude_1

the solution would be to CALL and talk to someone to find out if it will be on backorder before placing the order.
MrDude_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
pockets

the better solution, assuming this was placed through their site, would be for their site to be inventory aware and either not allow the part to be purchased OR tell you it will be back ordered.

Before anyone screams "that is too many parts to keep track of", that is BS. I've worked for an online retailer who had millions of items in stock and the site would tell you either on the product page or during the order process if it was out of stock.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I agree with pockets, with technology today, their software should be in sync with the inventory software. I have ordered from other companies and I dont find out about the BO until it hits my door 7 days later and I look on my packing list.

If I knew about the BO prior to my order going through, I could have ordered the parts from someone else or at least the BO'd parts from someone else.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #11
MrDude_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets View Post
the better solution, assuming this was placed through their site, would be for their site to be inventory aware and either not allow the part to be purchased OR tell you it will be back ordered.

Before anyone screams "that is too many parts to keep track of", that is BS. I've worked for an online retailer who had millions of items in stock and the site would tell you either on the product page or during the order process if it was out of stock.
i write these kind of systems for a living... how feasible that actually is depends on how good their underlying system is.... ive seen stuff that made it easy, and ive seen total junk that makes something like that almost impossible..

thats why i said call and ask... im sure if it was easy for them, they would have already done it by now... not defending them or anything, but ive worked 'behind the scenes' on several of these projects.. real time inventory tracking can be more complicated then it should be.
MrDude_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

I think society has become too "instant gratification" oriented through the coming of the computer age.The world would be a better place with more patience,like it used to be.Just my opinion.We all have them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #13
cdowns

if you need instant results why not go thru the effort of buying local from a neighbors store most of the stuff you cry about is available local with no shipping
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #14
barry h.

I think your a little tough on brothers no suppliers can hav everything in stock all the time.i have not had a problem with them.but i understand that it can happen from time to time.remember thies trucks are 38+ tear old and you cant go to your local dealership or parts store and just pick up parts.
barry h. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I completely agree with we all should be more understanding, however if I go to my local parts house and they say the part I want is back ordered, then I can make my choice then and there, not 7 days later when the parts show up on my door short with no notification at all. Just tell me up front or notify me by email or phone, this is all I ask. If you treat me with respect and use good customer service skills I will spend money with you.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
Indian113

I deal with backorder on a daily basis. My customers don't understand it though,they think if it's in the catalog the company should have it. I have a sign on my wall that says it real plain "Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it a emergency for ME"

Last edited by Indian113; 11-24-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:38 AM   #17
80stepsideguy
Laid back freak

Well i got refunded and decided to try classic industries.And i was happy cause when i went to order it thru them it clearly stated ONLINE it was temporaily on back order.No problem i went to my next choice LMC and according to them its in stock So i took the money i got refunded and spent it elsewhere.Heck i just spent 300.00 just for taillights thru them.So i`m not all out on this ordeal but just email me and tell me there on backorder as soon as possible not wait till only a partial order of mine is placed and received and on the receipt will ship out ASAP . To me thats poor business communication between the customer and the company.But whatever the case its done and over with now friday i`ll go to my hardware store get some stainless bolts and washers and nuts and be happy that there in stock...

thanks
pat