The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Thumbs up Great service with Summit Racing.

Always been happy with their service. Quick and easy. Always email me when my shipment goes out so I can keep track of it. Just ordered my Tremic 5 speed from them and I went to check stock. Guy tells me that ALL of the manufactured tremics coming their way have been spoken for and so I ask is there any way I can get one quicker than by drop shipping so he puts me on hold. 2 minutes later he comes back with "Good news, We have 5 trannys on their way to keep in stock. I'll mark one with your name on it so when you order you can tell the order person to "back order" it instead of drop ship it. The trannys are 5 days out and it should only take 5 days to get to you." So...5 days later I receive an email saying my tranny is on its way and it should be here on or before Monday. Very happy with their service and understanding about trying to get their customer's parts to them as soon as possible where as others make you wait for weeks on end. Also a little advice...always check stock before you order those "more than likely" out of stock or "hardly ever ordered parts." Every time you order online a part they don't have in stock will more than likely be drop shipped...always check to see if back ordering will be quicker. In my case had I drop shipped a tranny I would have had to wait for the manufacturer to make one....then send it to summit racing...then send it to me...where as since they already had some coming their way...I just had to wait for those to get there then get sent out to me..all because of good customer service.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
siggyfreud

Re: Great service with Summit Racing.

+1 for Summit. Never had anything but good experience with them, even on the odd occasion I received a bad part. They sent me a new one, and a prepaid box to put the old one in to ship it back.

Take a look at a map of their distribution centers too when ordering. I always use standard free shipping, but end up getting the parts in two days because most of what I order ships from Nevada. It's like Amazon Prime but for car parts .
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

I get alot of parts from Nevada as well. Usually takes about 3 days.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #4
Jake Wade

I love Summit! I have ordered thousands and thousands of dollars worth of parts from them over the years and I have had maybe 2 problems with the parts, they took care of them fast and hassle free. Great website to boot.
Jake Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:34 AM   #5
lilpoindexter

I don't even want to think about the $ I've spent with them over the years.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #6
SoCoC10

I too order most of my parts from Summit Racing. I ordered a bunch of parts including a dash pad from Summit and a dash pad from LMC on a Thursday and had the parts on Saturday from Summit. I didn't get the parts from LMC until Tuesday! I live in Colorado. LMC shipped from Kansas which is 586 miles away and Summits parts came from Ohio which is 1370 miles away. It makes no sense why LMC took 3 days longer to get my parts to me and charges for shipping, while Shipping is FREE from Summit on orders over $99!
SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #7
maldoj2

fast shipping yes but i live in puerto rico and shipping is not free, they charge to much ex. i was trying to buy 2 inner fender they wanted 799.00 for shipping. i try a other vendor and they charge me 325.00 both by ups
maldoj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:52 PM   #8
BigMike

I love Summit because if I buy something before 2:00 and it's in the NV warehouse, I get it the next day...C R A Z Y !
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:08 PM   #9
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Back when the only warehouse they had was in Ohio, it took 5 to 6 days to get parts out here in WA. Since the Nevada warehouse was built I get stuff in 2 to 3 days now.

I check Summit for availability on everything I order. So it's rare I don't have to order parts from them.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote