The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2002, 01:29 PM   #26
Longhorn Al
Texas Longhorn For Life

Realistically, we won't run out of oil. Of course someday, but that's so many generations down the road. The earth won't be running out of oil any time soon.

------------------
1970 C-10 named HOSS
350/350, PS, PB, 3.07 gears
Future Motivation: 383 stroker, KB flat-top pistons, RPM intake and heads, 750cfm Edelbrock, & headers.
For pics of my truck go here: http://communities.msn.com/1970HOSS/shoebox.msnw?Page=1
Future Projects: 1969 Pontiac GTO and 1974 International Scout II

Hook 'Em from Austin, TEXAS

\m/ Hook 'Em from Austin, TEXAS
Longhorn Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 01:36 PM   #27
68 Suburban

That a good way to look at it You are just proving my point.

------------------
Check out other members trucks

1968 50th Anniversary C-10 Suburban (Tows all these cars all over the place)
1968 50th Anniversary C-10 Pickup
1968 50th Anniversary C-20 Pickup CST, FOR SALE
1969 SS Camaro Conv't
1960 Lakewood Travel Trailer
1963 Ford Falcon Wagon, FOR SALE
2000 Chevy Malibu (Suppose to be daily driver, but the Burb is)

Phoenix, AZ.

Click Here for Parts and Venicles I have Available

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
67-68 SUBURBAN TRIM. $$$$ Reward
for finding the 3rd door trim piece
and the small piece that goes on
the 1/4 panel right behind the
3rd door.

Old 04-11-2002, 01:37 PM   #28
Longhorn Al
Texas Longhorn For Life

What point?

And China's demand for oil will never rise as long as all 1+billion of them ride their bicylcles.

------------------
1970 C-10 named HOSS
Future Motivation: 383 stroker, KB flat-top pistons, RPM intake and heads, 750cfm Edelbrock, & headers.
For pics of my truck go here: http://communities.msn.com/1970HOSS/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

Old 04-11-2002, 02:25 PM   #29
68 Suburban

No, the point that we Americans are selfish and don't want to conserve. Just give us more and don't charge us for it! Wait until China becomes more industrialized as they become more and more a member of the worlds economy. It is not just vehicles that use energy. If you studied any type of global economics you would have a better understanding of what a country of that size will use in the way of energy when they become more modernized. Read and learn that we are not the only ones out there that are going to need fuel!
http://www.nrel.gov/icap/china_key_proj_results.html
http://www.iea.org/new/releases/2000/china.htm]
http://www.iea.org/new/releases/2000/china.htm
http://www.nira.go.jp/publ/houko/i19990125.html

------------------

1969 SS Camaro Conv't

Phoenix, AZ.

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
3rd door.

[This message has been edited by 68 Suburban (edited April 11, 2002).]
Old 04-11-2002, 02:30 PM   #30
Longhorn Al
Texas Longhorn For Life

I don't need to read all of that. I know plenty. You need to learn to recognize sarcasm.

------------------
1970 C-10 named HOSS

Old 04-11-2002, 02:34 PM   #31
68 Suburban

I recognize sarchasim, but when it makes me look like an idiot when I am talking about something I have researched. I figured as much no one would want to read it. Just give me more fuel and don't charge me for it

------------------

1969 SS Camaro Conv't

Phoenix, AZ.

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
3rd door.

Old 04-11-2002, 02:37 PM   #32
Longhorn Al
Texas Longhorn For Life

I still see no reason to punish the consumer when we have plenty of oil to go around. Sure, we should venture into other areas of energy sources and conservation. But don't start putting too many restrictions on the population. The gov'ts are just taking advantage of the citizens. If they're going to charge such high taxes on gasoline, they should use that money to research other forms of energy. I highly doubt that they actually use it soley for that reason. They ***** and moan about how greedy we Americans are, but they don't see it necessary to put enough money into research to give us a good substitute.

I also hate how all the liberal Democrat politicians scold us on how we are wasteful and ruining the environment. That we shouldn't drive trucks and SUVs, because of said reasons. And then you see them driving around with their entourage in big ass Excursions and Suburbans. Big bunch of hipocrits is what they are. They are pathetic.

------------------
1970 C-10 named HOSS

Old 04-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #33
'72 Cheyenne Super

Longhorn Al hit it right on the head. Why complain about the oil companies making money. Isn't that why they're in business? Think of how cheap a gallon of gas would be once you take away state and federal taxes (which seem to get raised with frightening regularity). That's why Commiefornia has some of the highest gas prices in the country! The left coast is populated by many chicken littles screaming about pollution and finite resources and every other fashionable snivel in an effort to try to curtail your driving/recreational habits. Pollution? A single volcanic eruption pukes more pollutants into the atmosphere in a week than all the man-made, polluting inventions since the industrial revolution. Finite resources? C'mon, does anybody really believe that, emotions aside? The only finite resource is a liberal mind that believes that we could pollute ourselves into non-existence, or drain the earth of all it's bountiful resources. The only crying shame in all of this is that we voluntarily choose to remain at the mercy of OPEC nations, many of whose members would like to see us disappear. Quit sniveling about the environment, start drilling in ANWAR, oust the louts who are usurping your hard earned income by continually voting for new and bigger taxes, and enjoy prosperity!
Forget fighting gas companies, fight bigger government and increased taxes!!
Old 04-11-2002, 02:48 PM   #34
68 Suburban

Everyone wants their cake and eat it too. Just to make it clear, I never said that people should not be able to drive around in their big SUV's, but make sure you can afford the price of what it takes to run that SUV, when it is out of your control.

------------------

1969 SS Camaro Conv't

Phoenix, AZ.

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
3rd door.

Old 04-11-2002, 02:55 PM   #35
68 Suburban

'72 Cheyenne Super,

Quote:
Pollution? A single volcanic eruption pukes more pollutants into the atmosphere in a week than all the man-made, polluting inventions since the industrial revolution.
We can control man-made polluiton, we can't control a volcano.

Quote:
Finite resources? C'mon, does anybody really believe that, emotions aside? The only finite resource is a liberal mind that believes that we could pollute ourselves into non-existence, or drain the earth of all it's bountiful resources.
It is easy enough to say, but I would like to read where you researched this?

Quote:
The only finite resource is a liberal mind
If you were were refering to me, I am far from a liberal democrat. Im not even a democrat

------------------

1969 SS Camaro Conv't

Phoenix, AZ.

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
3rd door.

Old 04-11-2002, 03:24 PM   #36
bbs1965
Open Sundays 10 till 10

my Isuzu with a 4.3 and a holley 600 gets maybe 10mpg my 88 silverado gets 18 mpg and my new wrecker will get somewhere in the range of 8-10 mpg.
My opinion is this if you want to ride a bus and save money cool. But me I make good money I love to drive and I could care less what it costs to fill up. Freedom in America is spelled MONEY. I spent 90 bucks this weekend pulling my trailer with my 88. For all the talk about saving fuel when politicions quit riding in Limos and stop flying in jets we may have shortage issues.
But shortage issues right now are scare tactics to make you feel guilty and unload your wallet. I guarantee you senators with 3 piece suits don't worry what the thermostat in there office is set at. I'm American I'm not spoiled because I spend lots of cash on fuel I'm a hard working 7 day a week hustling fool that damn well deserves what I got. I don't care what Germany pays for gas they are a lazy society full of wackos. I don't care what China oil needs are I don't own a oil refinery not a customer to me. I'll be damned if I'll drive a little 4 cylinder terd to work because I want to save a few bucks on gas. Long live the American idea of freedom of the open road. V8 rear wheel drive gas eating tire squealing torque displaying red blooded American bad ass Iron. Oh yea baby thats what i'm talkin bout.
WWW.BBSAutoSalvage.com
bbs1969@direcway.com
bbs1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 04:27 PM   #37
MikeB

Thumbs down

We already have a market driven by supply and demand! Why do you think prices actually went down at the beginning of last summer? There was a huge supply of oil and low demand, that's why. And who do you think supplies most of the independents? It's the big guys, like Exxon-Mobil and Texaco-Chevron. Hey, the only way to decrease demand is to increase fuel efficency or drive less. The alternative is to increase supply by producing more oil domestically. What a concept -- being less dependent on terrorists nations for oil!

[This message has been edited by MikeB (edited April 11, 2002).]
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 04:32 PM   #38
MikeB

To 68 Suburban: Awesome and right-on comments!
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 05:17 PM   #39
23and56

Speed and gas guzzlers are the problems.I have my 23t blown,70chev pickups,56 chev etc,but I also drive 30 mpg daily driver so I can aford and enjoy my toys.Just got a paper in mail that states if every american drove a daily driver that gets 3 more mpg the US could eliminate all PersianGulf imports.Think of it eliminate all.Just talk to brother who got back from a trip and he said planes where only half full.How about some new smaller and more efficient Planes.If we work together we could tell them arabs where to put there oil.Just my 2 cents.
23and56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 06:15 PM   #40
bbs1965
Open Sundays 10 till 10

I say we drill Alaska
WWW.BBSAutoSalvage.com
bbs1969@direcway.com
bbs1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 07:12 PM   #41
Shane
Account Suspended

just throwing in some humor here....not trying to get in the middle of a debate...

Quote:
Do we ***** when other types of companies record record profits? No, we stand up and cheer. Isn't it the job of a company to record profit?
ENRON, the originator of "Profits, at whatever cost!"

------------------
Keep On Truckin'

Shane
slecroix@bellsouth.net
Athens, Alabama

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited April 11, 2002).]
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:11 PM   #42
67 cst swb

I'm not ytying to get in the middle either.
I drive my 2000 silverado daily (6 miles round trip) it gets 16 city/20 hwy...

but,
My family (great aunt/great uncle) own large amounts of acreage in North Dakota, that the Oil Companies "LEASED" the rights to, back in the late '70's early '80's... If my memory is correct. They said there is plently of oil worth drilling for, on thier land, but until there is a huge lack of oil in the world, its not worth drilling for, and so its sits in the ground... But, they still pay them on a every 5 yr basis to keep exclusive rights to that oil.
So, My point...
There is oil in the USA that is being left undrilled, because it's cheaper to buy foreign. because of our American's need for wages, cost of machinery, technology, and the mighty profit$... its cheaper to buy foreign...
same as a Harley vs. Yamaha ... $ for $
Chevrolet vs. Toyota
Craftsman vs RYOBI or Makita tools
I know which ones I'd rather own (and do own) but, look as which ones are cheaper due to "cost of manufacturing"
So, you wanna save money, go to work for less money, to do your same job, so what your company sells, can be sold cheaper, to compete with the foreigners, so you can buy american instead of imports, so we can create more american jobs, to spend more american money, on american items,...that we can't afford, because they can make it, ship it, import tax it, ship it again, pay a person $9.50/hr to put it on a shelf, for us to go buy...cheaper than america can make, deliver accross town an sell...
***** I'm not *****in' I do it everyday, just pointing it out...
It's cheaper to pay foreigners wage earners to drill, ship, tax, tax again and sell... than to pay americans to drill, ship, tax once, and sell... you tell me??????
Again, I'm not trying to start an arguement I'm not to knowledgable on all the specifics involved.... Bryan
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB originally a 327 TH400 3.73 Posi AC PS PB, had Buddy Buckets, Small Window - parts truck
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB, 283 MT 3.73 had Buddy Buckets, Panoramic Window - parts truck
2001 Chevrolet 3500 2WD Crew Cab Dually 8.1L Allison White
2002 Chevrolet 1500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 4L80E Red
67 cst swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:16 PM   #43
crew70

Talking

think about the children!lol I didn't read every thing but Herd it before. want to do something . by a gas company and sell gas cheap...

look at how much every thing has gone up in the last 20 or30 years and copare it to to gas. hasn't gone up much .

face it your going to pay more for gas and every thing else.

where not helpless ,but this crap is not the answer. loading up e-mails does not bring down gas prices.

try ride sare, an economical American car maybe.drive the gas gussling hotrodds on the weekend.

don't get me wrong, I love to smoke the tires and hit a 100+ every now and then.

hey another thing if I send this to 10 people can I have them each send me back a daller and so on andso on...... lol

I promised my self I wouldn't get out of hand . Oh well

as my dad said f#+" them if they can't take a joke.
99 suburban 5.7
2001 500cc ski-doo mxz
95 500cc ski doo fan
650 bombardiar 4 wheeler
crew70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:28 PM   #44
68 Suburban

I just want to be clear that I am not saying we should all be driving 50 mpg car, but I am saying if you drive an 8mpg gas hog, you really have no room to *****. I think everyone has the right to drive what they want.

I really love when people state their thoughts as facts with out anything to back it up. Then when you disagree with them by calling you a "liberal" instead of proving their case. That is a lot easier to do than provide facts that might not be there

I also love the argument about the goverments taxes causing all these problems. Whether taxes are to high or not, they are fixed and have nothing to do with supply and demand. You are paying the same tax that you were paying when you could get gas for 93 cents a month ago.

------------------

1969 SS Camaro Conv't

Phoenix, AZ.

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
3rd door.

[This message has been edited by 68 Suburban (edited April 12, 2002).]
Old 04-11-2002, 08:50 PM   #45
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

The reason Exxon made record profits was it price gouged the consumer. Almost anytime prices go up its a scheme devised by the oil companies. Just about anymore even if the wind blows in the Mideast they say they need to raise prices. My brother worked for a large corporate station and he would tell of how each morning all the staion managers in town would drive from station to station to see who had the highest price then raise their prices to match. During the gulf war the gas prices here jumped but yet he said throughout the entire war their off the rack price remained the same but it gave cause for the oil companies to raise pump prices.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:00 PM   #46
gregsplace

Most my vehicles have BB's in them, Sure, having a car that gets 20 plus mpg would be nice, but then I'd be making car payments again. I figure I can buy alot of gas with the $1000's of dollars that I'm saving by not buying that new truck or Burb just because it's more mpg's. I kinda like having everything paid for!! Oh yea, I guess I should admit that I drive my Harley AS MUCH AS I CAN cause of the 55mpg it gets,lol

------------------
67 3/4 4x4 402,a/t,HEI,edelbrock 1411

87 Burb-454!
86 z-28
71 1/2 2wh project
69 swb stepside project, soon to have 396/400th
67 swb fleet project
too many projects!!!
99,HD,XL1200c sportster
buy and sell 67 to 72 parts, near Colwich Ks

68 1/2 chevy, 350/350, 71 gmc frame, kid's beater
69 1ton 396-4sp, dump
69 swb stepside 396/400th current frameup
67 swb 454/400th rebuilding now, oldest boy just rolled it
99,HD, Road King Classic
Colwich Ks
gregsplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 11:39 PM   #47
Longhorn Al
Texas Longhorn For Life

I've never called anyone here a liberal. I just brought them into the argument.

------------------
1970 C-10 named HOSS

Old 04-11-2002, 11:47 PM   #48
68 Suburban

Longhorn Al, I was not talking about you. I was talking about the insinuation that someone else made with this comment.

Quote:
The only finite resource is a liberal mind that believes that we could pollute ourselves into non-existence, or drain the earth of all it's bountiful resources.
------------------

1969 SS Camaro Conv't

Phoenix, AZ.

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
3rd door.

Old 04-11-2002, 11:50 PM   #49
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Talking

Yeehaw!! My truck's already running on CNG, and that's cheaper than dirt so.

And of course, if I feel like plunking a few dollars into the ol' gasoline tank, well, I can do that too.

Most times though, I drive my car. Better gas mileage, and it doesn't get me as worked up!! What I mean by that is, in my puny car, I don't have this urge to run people over, and ram cars! With the 3 ton truck though, GET OUTTA MY WAY!!! I'm going over or through you!

------------------
1970 GMC 1500, 350ci, 3 in a tree

http://members.tripod.com/~Jungleman_2/1970GMC.html

Vancouver, B.C.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:56 PM   #50
68 Suburban

Thumbs up

JoetheMobster, lol....you have the right idea!

------------------

1969 SS Camaro Conv't

Phoenix, AZ.

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:
3rd door.