The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #76
62 short step

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Captainfab, will this work with a 72 power booster? I see your bracket on the booster side is drilled for 3 3/8w by 3 1/2 tall? Thats the bolt pattern on the booster i have. Pm me payment info please.

Thanks,

Jeremy

1965 c-10
86 chevy c/k 20

Last edited by 62 short step; 09-12-2011 at 02:40 PM.
62 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #77
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I believe the '67-'72 boosters' stud pattern is 3-1/2" x 3-1/2". So some slight elongating of the holes will be necessary. I'll send you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 short step View Post
Captainfab, will this work with a 72 power booster? I see your bracket on the booster side is drilled for 3 3/8w by 3 1/2 tall? Thats the bolt pattern on the booster i have. Pm me payment info please.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #78
62 short step

Sent you a pm.

1965 c-10
86 chevy c/k 20
Old 09-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #79
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Your booster bracket shipped today Jeremy. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 short step View Post
Sent you a pm.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #80
62 short step

Thanks Captain!

1965 c-10
86 chevy c/k 20
Old 09-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #81
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

No problem Jeremy, I appreciate the business
Old 10-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #82
towersddg9

Great design, excellent fit, here it is with the CPP booster master combo
Attached Images

towersddg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #83
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Thanks for the compliment and the installed pics. Your truck looks good
Did you have to elongate the holes in the bracket any for the CPP booster to bolt up?
Old 10-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #84
towersddg9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Thanks for the compliment and the installed pics. Your truck looks good
Did you have to elongate the holes in the bracket any for the CPP booster to bolt up?
That combo has brackets bolted to it that you remove, if you leave those on then yes you would have to elongate the holes, the booster studs line up perfectly to your mount, and only about 1/4 inch adj is needed on the rod from pedal to booster. fit was perfect couldnt be better, I would have used your power steering adapter but I started this build and buying parts before I used this site. Its a great design, hats off to you Capt!
towersddg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #85
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba327 View Post
Bump ..... Thank you John, for a nice product
Here is a shot of a 75 impala booster and master mounted on Captainfab's mount bracket.. Worked out slick!
I used a S-10 bracket from mid 80s as it sat the combination valve squarely and directly under the master.The ears of the bracket were extended 1" to give more bending room for the lines between the master and the combination valve.

Attachment 570206 (that is the choke cable laying up across the booster)oops-- the bracket had not been painted yet either ...

Update---- after about 5000 miles , I was tired of the vacuum brakes with a cam and low vacuum and a hard pedal. I removed the vacuum booster and installed a hydro boost from a 94 Astro van. I may have also had a bad vacuum booster all along.
The hydro boost pump works on the same bracket I bought from John two years ago, but a new linkage to the pedal was built to adapt things
Wow! what a difference . It will stop the truck really quickly without locking up the tires and skidding. Much better now!!!
Name:  IMG_3040.jpg
Views: 2712
Size:  60.9 KB
bubba327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #86
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Thanks for posting a pic of your updated brakes Bruce
Old 10-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #87
chad64chevy

hey captain, thanks for the brake booster bracket! i got it today, nicely packed and sealed, thanks again! i'll will be installing it once i get my hydro booster hoses! does anybody have a p/n for the hydro booster hoses? i seen the other hose kits going for just under $300!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #88
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Thanks for the compliment

Have you tried hoses for a '73-'87 hydroboost? Of course fitment is going to depend on what engine you are running and which water pump if a small block. Do you have any business local that make hydraulic hoses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
hey captain, thanks for the brake booster bracket! i got it today, nicely packed and sealed, thanks again! i'll will be installing it once i get my hydro booster hoses! does anybody have a p/n for the hydro booster hoses? i seen the other hose kits going for just under $300!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #89
chad64chevy

i will have to check into the 73-87 hydroboost hoses! i'm using a smallblock and long water pump! there's a napa here in town that i think will make the hoses, and theres a hydraulic shop about two blocks from napa! i'm still in the beginning process of it all and just trying to get some info. thanks for your input and once again thanks for the bracket! i'll be installing it tomorrow and updating my thread with a few other things!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #90
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

NAPA made my hoses using 3000PSI hose and 3/8" compression fittings that they can crimp together.
The compression fitting works on both the existing steel line sets if you cut the old hoses off right next to the old crimp. The hydro boost uses metric O-ring and the gearbox and pump are flare. The compression fittings were about 10 bucks each ( need 4) and the hose was about 4 bucks a foot.
bubba327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #91
Arizona Jim

Will the brake booster bracket bolt onto my truck firewall without drilling any new holes. If so, will it be plenty strong. I have a 1963 chevy 1/ 2 ton pickup with four wheel drum brakes. Updating to disc brakes in the front. I have purchased the CPP power brake booster with master cylinder kit from Ecklers trucks. Will it adapt to it? Thanks Jim
Arizona Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #92
lenguini

Hey Cap,want to order a power booster bracket from you.Before I do,I wanted to know if your familiar with an MBM booster as this is the brand that my supplier sells.He tells me the 7" booster bolt pattern is 3 3/8 on center on all 4 studs on a zinc plated unit.The reason I ask is Im going with MBM stainless unit and want to make sure the bolt patterns dont change.MBM is closed till Monday,so if your not sure i can confirm with them then.

Thanks,
Ed.

Quote:
Thanks for posting a pic of your updated brakes Bruce
lenguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #93
lenguini

Hey Cap,I should also mention that I have eliminated the standard trans and am now using a 2 peed powerglide and am wondering if that will change the bracket needed.This may be a moog question however I like to cover al bases !

Thanks,
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguini View Post
Hey Cap,want to order a power booster bracket from you.Before I do,I wanted to know if your familiar with an MBM booster as this is the brand that my supplier sells.He tells me the 7" booster bolt pattern is 3 3/8 on center on all 4 studs on a zinc plated unit.The reason I ask is Im going with MBM stainless unit and want to make sure the bolt patterns dont change.MBM is closed till Monday,so if your not sure i can confirm with them then.

Thanks,
Ed.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #94
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

The booster hole pattern is 3-3/8" x 3-1/2" as noted in post #1, so you will have to elongate the holes slightly.

Quote:

Thanks,
Ed.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #95
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

The only way that could be an issue is if you are using a factory auto column, But since you are looking at a 7" booster, that shouldn't be an issue either way. With the larger boosters the trans shift rod can contact the booster when in park.

Quote:
Hey Cap,I should also mention that I have eliminated the standard trans and am now using a 2 peed powerglide and am wondering if that will change the bracket needed.This may be a moog question however I like to cover al bases !

Thanks,
Ed
Old 11-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #96
lenguini

Thanks for the help.The final advise I may need is what and where for the pushrod.My original seems to have disappeared !Maybe I can the that from you as well ?

Send me a PM with all info to get the bracket and if possible,pushrod too.

Let know.

Thanks,
Ed.

Quote:
The only way that could be an issue is if you are using a factory auto column, But since you are looking at a 7" booster, that shouldn't be an issue either way. With the larger boosters the trans shift rod can contact the booster when in park.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #97
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I'm not familar with the MBM boosters, but most of the universal aftermarket boosters have a threaded pushrod. If that is the case, then one of the universal booster pushrods from Speedway may work. You might ask MBM if they offer anything. I'll send you a PM.

Quote:
Thanks for the help.The final advise I may need is what and where for the pushrod.My original seems to have disappeared !Maybe I can the that from you as well ?

Send me a PM with all info to get the bracket and if possible,pushrod too.

Let know.

Thanks,
Ed.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #98
Arizona Jim

Hello, I received the brake booster bracket for my 63 chevy truck today. Thanks! I'll be installing it this weekend. I am also wanting to put power steerring and air cinditioning on this truck, which will require me to move the alternator because I have a 292 6 cylinder. Any ideas? Thanks Jim
Arizona Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #99
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

There is a guy on ebay that makes and sells PS and AC brackets for the Chevy I6 engines. They look to be well made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-P-S-POWER...item4ab06ccfe2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Jim View Post
Hello, I received the brake booster bracket for my 63 chevy truck today. Thanks! I'll be installing it this weekend. I am also wanting to put power steerring and air cinditioning on this truck, which will require me to move the alternator because I have a 292 6 cylinder. Any ideas? Thanks Jim
Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #100
lenguini

Just received by booster bracket,and would like to add that is is a very well made product.I was so impressed,I took it down to the local Rod shop to show it off ! Many compliments on the great work Cap,you will come highly recommended.

Thanks,
Mr.Ed