The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
toocrazy

69 slammed, 22"/24" bbc shaved clean

Hey guys, I have had this c10 pickup project laying around for a few years. I had picked up a 66 suburban a little over a year ago and got a little side tracked. I like many hotrod and truck guys had a few too many projects going on at one time not to mention the wife and I just finished building our house and detached garage over the last few years.

My expectations where to have a nice c10 short bed p/u with a classic look. Nate's suspension parts were a definite to give it that sick stance. I wanted a truck that was slammed. I also like big tires and wheels so having 24" wheels on the back was a necessity. A dream was to have 14 inch brakes all the way around the truck but I imagine I am going to settle for 13 inch on the front and 12 inch on the back. Those 12" rotors are going to long mighty small on those big wheels but remember that 66 burb that needs attention too.

Because of my time crunch I did drop the truck off at a local shop to fabricate the bed frame and wheel tubs. We ended up with a lot of metal in the rear after making accommodations for a two battery box, brackets for the air tank and big twin truck brake boosters (one for front and one for rear), and a few compartments for the air ride pump and valves.

Another want is a clean firewall. We ended up going with the Wildwood under dash brake peddle set up with the reservoirs behind the glovebox. I went with a column mounted shifter because I thought it looked clean so we have a cable system going to the tranny.

Drip rails are shaved, no door handles, flush windshield, suicide doors, and all Porterbuilt stuff welded on and smoothed.

I know there is a lot of knowledge on this forum and hoping to get some good advice as i am building. I also have a 66 suburban and if this c10 goes well I would make the 66 my next project.

toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote