The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 67-72

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 11:23 AM   #26
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Roger that. Look for diodes. The free-roam wrecking yards around here do not get too many <10 year old cars. They all go to the full service yards and they are pricey. I'll find something...
Old 01-17-2005, 12:49 PM   #27
nyncompute

I wonder if something like this would work? Its a bit cheaper.
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=966

Last edited by nyncompute; 11-30-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:38 AM   #28
Rod

Thread on wiper mod switch using chevette parts.
http://207.44.196.117/vboard/showpos...11&postcount=7
72 Chev 1 ton tow truck 402BB w/Holmes 440 wrecker on propane
2005 FLSTSCI Harley Springer
85 FXSB Harley Lowrider
72 Triumph 650 Bonneville 5spd
"Poor people don't have hobbies" Quote from wife.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #29
Putter
More Cowbell....

The only issue that may show up using the controller that Nyncompute listed is....does it still offer the ability to use your washer feature? Or does that switch install in addition to your existing switch?

Last edited by Putter; 09-07-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:43 PM   #30
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Thanks for the link Rod. I saw the thread and it has my interest. I have the bus switch so I am gonna go ahead and use it per Putters additional info. When i go recreational junk-yarding I will keep an eye out for the parts for the mod. Might even buy em if it's 5-% off day.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:16 PM   #31
Bob Moore

Delay wipers

In addition to the Chevette delay I also found that mid 70 Novas and Buicks(same body platform) also used an optional delay. Again these are nice because they also used the same wiper motor and switch wiring as the 67-72 trucks. The Nova style is actually smaller than the Chevette and has fewer wires.

The nice thing about these delays are they are separate from the regular wiper switch. A pull on and rotate for a little delay or a lot. I mounted mine in an existing hole on the right side in the metal lip under the gauge bezel.

I think the Novas are harder to find than the "well optioned" Chevettes.

Good luck hunting.

Bob
more to follow
Old 03-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #32
Putter
More Cowbell....

Maybe this will help. I filled in a couple of the most common questions that are asked. I hope Blue 69 doesn't mind that I used his schematic.
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2005, 09:11 AM   #33
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck
Believe JC Whitney has an intermittent wiper switch in their catalog. Mounts below dash. Not sure how it work but it is much cheaper.
Yeah, I've saw it. That thing is ugly. I think it is even supposed to be mounted with 2 sided tape. I like these Nova, chevette, and blue bird options. Everything ends up looking like a factory installation. To me, if you do not even notice a mod because it looks stock... That is the ultimate compliment.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #34
Sonny

I just bought a cole switch (same PN) and instead of two red wires coming out, it has a red and a blue wire coming out (other wires are the same). Can I connect the blue and the red to accomplish the same thing as connecting the two red wires together?

Sonny
Old 03-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #35
Putter
More Cowbell....

DON'T use the blue wire. It is the park wire. Leave it alone. And certain switches only have one RED wire. That one gets hooked up as shown in the diagram.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:22 PM   #36
Overcamber
Overcamber

cna the same be done for an 86'

anyone ever do this for an 86'/..love to try it?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #37
badpeanut
Not a bad nut after all..

Overcamber,
Is your '86 on the turn signal stalk or on the dash? I added delay to an '81 (switch on the dash) by just swapping in a factory delay switch (which has an integral delay module). If you '86 is the same, I've seen these switches for sale on the parts board.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:52 AM   #38
Big69C20 Toy
Livin' it up.

Me (being the electrical ignoramus i am) was wondering if anyone had thought of using a headlight/bezel switch for a wiper switch. I was thinking this because it has 2 optional positions (low/hi) for on, and it has the 'delay'/regulator function for controlling the dimming of dash lights... and when you turn it all the way counterclockwise you get dome light in addition... so i wonder could the wiper motor be rigged to one or both of the positions on the headlight switch to turn on, then use the 'dome on' function for washer pump (though i suppose that would be fast speed+fluid) or could you have it that first pull is on with whatever speed (dictated by dial control) and second pull is washer pump on in addition to the first..

Please update my 'crackheadedness' as my poor ME mind doesnt do wiring much
Old 05-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #39
midyearvet@aol.

I believe what will happen is you will slow the wiper down even to a stop, But it will have no intermitten affect. The dome light part of the switch is just a reostat or varible resistance.
Rick / Ca.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #40
Putter
More Cowbell....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornutz
OUCH!!! Anybody check on prices for these Cole Hersee switches lately? The cheapest I can find is $114.... OUCH!!!

I might have to wait on Putter hookin me up with a plug and play version of this...

NutZ
Holy hell.....where are you looking. I just checked the Transportation Accessories Company website and they are STILL $54.06 each (plus shipping). You are looking for part number 75601-04 CLICK HERE
Oh, I would be HAPPY to hook you up a switch. PM me when you are ready. Labor is very affordable....or often worked out in trade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church
There may be another way to do this but I have not tested it yet.
I found that Hella makes an intermittent wiper switch but it does not have an on /off swith built into it. I am thinking that this swtich could work inline with the factory switch.
the switch will allow wipers to be adjusted continuously from 2 sweeps per minute to 20 sweeps per minute.

Switch is around $43.00
My ONLY glitch with that is the fact you have to mount & operate a seperate switch. And on our trucks with a factory switch, when you operate the washer function, it will automatically engage the slow speed wipers. If the delay unit is connected inline on the slow speed circuit, you would seemingly have to set the delay to 'none', then hit the wash feature, right? I am not bashing the idea, because I was ready to do that myself before the Cole Hersee switch came into the picture, it just might not be the most practical idea...especially since the Cole switch is only $10.06 more.

Last edited by Putter; 09-07-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Closed Thread