The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2024, 03:38 PM   #1
weq92f

classic insurance

Well...I just completed the swap from Hagerty to Grundy. This will, at least as far as I see right now, save 480/year over Hagerty. Seems too good to be true right?

I keep thinking they're gonna come back and increase the price due to something of which I am currently unaware.

I had increased my agreed value at Hagerty two years ago up 10k to 35k total. Last year my premium spiked up a lot as a result of this I guess so I started shopping around. Been with Hagerty 7 years and had one, no-fault claim for 6 thousand dollars that they handled well back in 2019. Overall, I'm monetarily in the positive with respect to my relationship with Hagerty.

Only time will tell whether this was a good move. Who else out there's using Grundy?

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 03:48 PM   #2
62c30

Re: classic insurance

I had hagerty for a few years and had issues with them when I moved to another state. I was going to switch to Grundy and was about half of hagerty but I went with JC Taylor which was a better deal and communication.
62c30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:22 AM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

I had Grundy years back . the problem was back then my projects were not fully restored and some were not running. they were anal about them and didnt want to cover some of the cars. At the time i was buying fixing and kinda selling some of them. JCTaylor was also very bad at that.They would cry aty every transfer. There was also some other one my old and addled brain cant remember the name of the company but it was in southern NJ and they too werent covering everything. Hagerty will allow me to insure anything. I mean if i had a baked potato with four wheels and a serial number they would cover it. we were always able to agree on value and although it has gone up and ive never had a claim, im happy with them. they also gave me for free that i wouldnt have to give up my vehicle if it was totalled and paid off as a complete loss.
A year ago i left NJ and went to NC. the regular car insurance went up but Hagerty stayed the same and they were great about the transfer and advised me to increase value on my 71 monte and wifes 66 mustang. Thus far im happy with them, but im guessing that things may change if i ever have to file a claim.

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 01:18 AM   #4
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

I have Hagerty, and no complaints, especially after they recently met my comfort zone of guaranteed value, which is not small.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote