The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #26
Stryker67

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz 1970 K5
Oh, one more key thing here- his LEGALLY REQUIRED high mounted 3rd brake light isn't working.

You have enough there to protect yourself.
Good point. I guess it pays to have a camera with you. I hadn't even noticed the 3rd light. I'll make some prints to take with me.
The world needs ditch-diggers too.
Stryker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:22 AM   #27
Stryker67

Ok, here's the good news(?). Before the "accident", I had a slowly leaking intake gasket. Apparently this was a problem from the factory on these vehicles. The torque is 11 foot pounds. The guys on the assembly were exceeding this enough to crack the plastic gaskets, and after 60,000 miles or so a leak would develop. Well, I was putting off replacing the gaskets, but it was a whole lot easier to fix with the front clip removed. I had them changed and installed a new waterpump in about 4 hours! Can't beat that. Should be installing the sheet metal Monday, and repairing a few dings before repainting everything but the roof. Should I get a cowl induction hood from Goodmark? Flares? Lift kit?
Old 01-14-2005, 06:30 PM   #28
nu2-72

Maybe you could elaborate on the top you got.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide
nu2-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #29
Stryker67

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2-72
Maybe you could elaborate on the top you got.
You're right. What was I thinking? The roof made it's way from Missouri to Alabama thanks to some help. The roof itself is in fantastic condition. I only wish my Longhorn looked half as good. I want to say thanks to Kevin and his friend Blaine for getting the roof to me. Great bunch of folks. Hope to do business again.
Update: The 'burb is in the body shop right now. Hope to paint it tomorrow. I'm doing away with the silver on the bottom, and painting the whole thing black with a Goodmark cowl induction hood. I will post pics when finished....
Old 01-21-2005, 01:52 PM   #30
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

I'd definitely persue making the other driver liable. I drive 24' straight trucks all the time, and it never ceases to amaze me at how many idiots will speed up to pass you, then dive in front and nail the brakes to make the turn at an intersection just becuase they didn't want to sit behind a slow moving big truck. I've sat through driver madatory driver safety classes and honestly try to keep a good distance btwn me and the vehicle in front, but it's almost impossible because people constantly dive in front of you. I'd fight the claim as far as I could, you should not be held liable.
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 PM   #31
Stryker67

Thumbs up

Ok, here's a pic of the 'burb after some reconstruction. We painted the whole thing black, added a cowl industion hood from Goodmark, and some wheels I purchased from another board member. The pic is in front of our newly purchased body shop. We took over in Feb, but didn't get our sign up until last week. I'll try to get some better pics of the 'burb later.....
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2005, 09:38 PM   #32
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKshortstep4x4
Sorry about your misfortune. It is amazing how some people drive. They have no clue that anyone else is around!

Jim
Dude, it's sooo so bad here in GA, you have no idea! People are freaking lunatics here. Especially outside the perimeter. I deal with more traffic out there more than here in downtown. I don't understand.

And they all drive like morons. You'd be amazed at how many people are killed just changing a flat tire around here. It's amazing.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #33
shifty
Questionable

One other thing - it looks like he has whiteout lenses. If they don't have a red center, they're illegal in the state of georgia.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:55 PM   #34
Gary Lee
fixer of 72 GMC LWB

glad to see the burb is back badder than ever... loks like 75 near the A/P... anywhere inside of 285 is bad... hows the longhorn roof project progressing?
Gary Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:19 AM   #35
Stryker67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lee
glad to see the burb is back badder than ever... loks like 75 near the A/P... anywhere inside of 285 is bad... hows the longhorn roof project progressing?
Umm...errr... The Longhorn is on the back burner. I'm finishin up a '69 Stingray for a friend, and I just started on a '79 Camaro that needs a lot of work. (also for a friend) Then there's my primary job of doing engine maintenance for Delta Air Lines. Also running the second job at the body shop. We hope to be doing the body shop full time by June. Things are not going well at Delta. Looking forward to being my own boss... I think I get a few hours sleep every other night.....
Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 AM   #36
nitor
Too many projects

Man that really sucks.

'55 Chevrolet Pickup
'56 Chevrolet Belair
'04 Chevrolet Astro
'95 Chevrolet Blazer
nitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:31 PM   #37
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lee
anywhere inside of 285 is bad...
Everywhere outside of 285 is worse. The only congestion points inside 285 are @ I-20 and the S-curve as you enter downtown. Once you get near 285, it's congestion central from there until you reach SC or TN. It's even worse going southbound...constant traffic backups from 285 down to McDonough.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:36 PM   #38
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

So what happened with the liabitity part? Were you able to get the person's insurance to cover it all? BTW that Burb looks SWEET now!
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #39
Stryker67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 shorty
So what happened with the liabitity part? Were you able to get the person's insurance to cover it all? BTW that Burb looks SWEET now!
I went to court and he was there. He plead not guilty to the HOV lane violation and the judge basically said. OK, see ya. I went after him and plead not guilty and she said ok, we'll have a hearing May 10. Gee, dontcha jus love our court system? The guy that caused the accident walked out scott free.......