The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #201
Devillusion
Registered User
 
Devillusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 777
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

can't wait for them to punch out the 8 lug wheels........or I might have to convert to 5 lug. Don't want to though...
__________________

88 CCSBSRW 4x4...24V/Ppump/Cummins/NV4500/205 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=645626
89 GMC CCSBDRW 2wd (Crew'd Attitude) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=403109
68 Suburban...12V Cummins/NV4500/205/Tons
68 RCSB fleet...LS project



"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #202
tinydb84
Registered User
 
tinydb84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 2,651
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Damn I want these on my 3/4 ton!
__________________
David
Used parts build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=638991
My brother's Nova: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=727985
Rear suspension rework: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=750557
Instagram: myfabguy
tinydb84 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #203
jgb7038
Registered User
 
jgb7038's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ft.wayne,indiana
Posts: 151
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Just got done reading thru this thread,figured I would add my input. I called Adam about ordering a set of these wheels. I asked about sizes wider than 9". He told me that he could check into it for me. After a number of calls and emails back and forth, he was able to get me set up with a set of 18x8 for the front and 18x11 for the rear of my project. Dont know how soon the wider rims will be readily available,was told mine are only 1 of 2 sets that have been done so far.They are actually widened to 11", not a formed hoop.Was an additional cost for this, but well worth it in my opinion. Adam and Pam are great to deal with,they went out of their way to get my wheels built.

I did not have them powder coated,going to paint them the body color. Modified some hub caps to fit,to get the look I want. So they are not painted,and the caps still need to have the body work done to them.The fronts are 18x8 with 4" bs,and the rears are 18x11 with 4" bs.

Here is a quick picture to give you the idea of the look I am going for......

jgb7038 is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #204
5150
C10 Club Tennessee
 
5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: White House, TN 37188
Posts: 8,246
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Very cool, that's the exact same thing I want to do except with 20's. Just wasn't sure how to get the 67 only caps to fit. Do you have a build thread?
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Bryan

www.gmtruckshow.com

2018 Southeastern ALL Chevy/GMC Truck Nationals July 15th Goodlettsville, TN

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is Godís servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out Godís wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #205
jgb7038
Registered User
 
jgb7038's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ft.wayne,indiana
Posts: 151
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
Very cool, that's the exact same thing I want to do except with 20's. Just wasn't sure how to get the 67 only caps to fit. Do you have a build thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks. I don't have a build thread yet, still gathering parts.Hope to have one in the not to distant future.
jgb7038 is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #206
82swb
Registered User
 
82swb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 256
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb7038 View Post
Just got done reading thru this thread,figured I would add my input. I called Adam about ordering a set of these wheels. I asked about sizes wider than 9". He told me that he could check into it for me. After a number of calls and emails back and forth, he was able to get me set up with a set of 18x8 for the front and 18x11 for the rear of my project. Dont know how soon the wider rims will be readily available,was told mine are only 1 of 2 sets that have been done so far.They are actually widened to 11", not a formed hoop.Was an additional cost for this, but well worth it in my opinion. Adam and Pam are great to deal with,they went out of their way to get my wheels built.

I did not have them powder coated,going to paint them the body color. Modified some hub caps to fit,to get the look I want. So they are not painted,and the caps still need to have the body work done to them.The fronts are 18x8 with 4" bs,and the rears are 18x11 with 4" bs.

Here is a quick picture to give you the idea of the look I am going for......

Bad ass!! I was already planning on getting mobsteel wheels but now I HAVE to get 20x11s now for the rear. Looking forward to your build thread. I would love to see how you mount and mod those hub caps.
Posted via Mobile Device
82swb is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #207
Rochlow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St. Albans, Vt
Posts: 2,533
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

A regular cap makes that wheel look soooooo much better. The baby moons make them look awkward..
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
///Relaxed Atmosphere
Rochlow is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #208
5150
C10 Club Tennessee
 
5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: White House, TN 37188
Posts: 8,246
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochlow View Post
A regular cap makes that wheel look soooooo much better. The baby moons make them look awkward..
Posted via Mobile Device
Totally agree, that's why I've been on the fence about these until I saw a way to adapt the original dog dish caps to them.
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Bryan

www.gmtruckshow.com

2018 Southeastern ALL Chevy/GMC Truck Nationals July 15th Goodlettsville, TN

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is Godís servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out Godís wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #209
Rochlow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St. Albans, Vt
Posts: 2,533
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Since seeing these pictures, I've emailed Pam at mobsteel about doing 20x8s and 20x10. She says it's doable and has me reconsidering this wheel.

I'm curious if the same clips were used on the above wheels that Delmo used on his version.
__________________
///Relaxed Atmosphere

Last edited by Rochlow; 09-04-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Rochlow is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #210
kvn1011
Kvn1011
 
kvn1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kankakee il
Posts: 558
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Nice
Posted via Mobile Device
kvn1011 is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #211
kvn1011
Kvn1011
 
kvn1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kankakee il
Posts: 558
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

I definitley wanna downsize to 20/22 combo
Posted via Mobile Device
kvn1011 is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #212
dkauffman05
Registered User
 
dkauffman05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Posts: 416
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Is the above wheel on something now ? I'd lie to see them done . I want some 18x9.5 or 10 .anyone got a quote on a wheel other than 18x8 that's "off the shelf" size ?
Posted via Mobile Device
dkauffman05 is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #213
lolife99
Registered User
 
lolife99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mid-MO
Posts: 22,583
Re: 18" and 20" steel wheels?

Looks like Mobsteel is now offering 20" trim rings for their wheels.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Keith
Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
WTB: Radio Delete Plates and clips.
lolife99 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com