The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #1
kcstreetracer

1968 c10 longbed to shortbed build thread- my first build

Hello guy's and gal's!! I figured i'd start a thread to keep track and record the progress on my build. It's a 1968 longbed. will be shortening the frame and skinning it in 67 metal. i've debated bagged or old school hotrod, and am going with the hotrod style! actually my son, he's 9 and it will be his when he's older chose! so far the cab has new floorpan, the rain gaurds shaved and fuel filler filled. new repo doors, fenders,core support and grill. i have a new bed in boxes also. frame has been painted and all new suspension. Its not a show truck just gonna be a driver and im on a budget!

So here is what i started with

[IMG][/IMG]

Got the truck stripped and painted the frame.

[IMG][/IMG]

Got the cab done. New floor pan, rockers, shaved the rain gaurds and filled the fuel filler and put some repo doors on it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The motor for now is a 355 that was in a old blazer i had. its a 72 4 bolt main. had good compression so i used it. tore it down and put a 236/465 cam, world sportsman heads, performer intake i had on a truck when i was a kid, and a quickfuel 700 with some hedmann headers. im building a 496 for it on down the road.

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Got the new front end on it. new fenders, core support, grill. also did cpp disc swap with 2.5" lowering spindles and 3" drop springs. 5" drop springs in the back. put some 17x8 rally's with 225/60/17's. also upgraded to power brake setup.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Installed new rear glass and front windshield along with precision seals.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Went ahead and threw this wheel and tire on it to see how it will stand. the tire is 30" tall like the drag radials im putting on it. This is were im at to date on everything.

[IMG][/IMG]

It may not be as pretty as everyone else who strips them down this much but it will be a nice driver and im trying to have it on the road this summer to cruise if we make it past this covid-19 ****!
Old 04-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #2
HO455
Post Whore

Re: 1968 c10 longbed to shortbed build thread- my first build

Thanks for deciding to share your project with all of us. I'm sure I speak for everyone we look forward to your posts and pictures.

Good wrenching and may our blessed lady of rust free sheet metal be with you.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by LockDoc; 04-05-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: removed posted to wrong thread to clean up
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:36 PM   #3
kcstreetracer

Re: 1968 c10 longbed to shortbed build thread- my first build

well its been a few yrs! forgot all about this thread. ill give a few updates to where I'm at...

got new bedsides and front bed panel on. replaced the seat foam and cover. started on the air ride. ended up using velaworks drop pockets. got the motor and engine bay looking good. tried to upload pics because its came a long way but the pics were sideways. so guess I won't continue to update it lol. I'm not very good at this forum posting thing lol.