The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2004, 12:46 AM   #1
BIGPIMP
PIMPING RIDES

Dhl / Bad News

man i ordered a rocker from gmcpauls they shipped same day they got payment it was suppose to be at my door on the 12/16 i call at nite fall they say they can't find the package ,ok i call again 12/17 they act like i'm crazy for wanting my pkg . it's one thing to loose it but another thing to not care . you get what you pay for i have never had a problem from ups . at this point i don't know when i will get my rocker . guess it don't matter to them . gmcpauls dhl

EAST

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigasspimp/?saved=1
BIGPIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #2
Blue Beard

Sorry to hear that, since they are suppose to be trying hard to get in the market.

This time of year does cause problems though, mine has been delayed thru UPS..
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
90\87Formula

All of these delivery companies loose packages. UPS guy delivered one of my packages to the same house number one street over. The woman brought it over to me a couple of days later. I've got USPS mail from address across town. Haven't had any problems with DHL yet, but only used them for about 15 packages.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:00 PM   #4
Hause

DHL and UPS and FedEx.

I had a double ended hydraulic cylinder shipped and they sent it UPS. My mail box is accross the street in the neighbors yard, guess the UPS guy didn't look to see the numbers on my house and delivered it to my neighbor. Honest mistake, but it was funny to see my 120 pound neighbor lady standing outside holding the big cylinder that weighed every bit of 50 pounds. "I think this is your's" she said. I smiled and told here that she could have just told me it was there and I could have gotten it.

I called DHL to make sure they would ship an item strapped to a pallet, they said no problem. I stopped by the local Office Max to ship a Th350 transmission. The girl behind the counter looked at me like I was nuts. I told her that I called the DHL number and that it was fine. The problem was there digital scale only went to 70lb. The DHL online calculator calculated shipping to be 68$, got to the counter and shipping ended up being something like $76 and she charged me tax on top of that, I told her what the online calculator said but she didn't care.

I ship FedEx when ever I have the chance, never had a problem except for the idiots at FedEx Kinkos being slow as dirt.

Just my .02 cents
Hause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 08:26 AM   #5
GMC AMI

Just goes to show you that no one shipping co. is perfect!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:31 PM   #6
78SilveradoSWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hause
I had a double ended hydraulic cylinder shipped and they sent it UPS. My mail box is accross the street in the neighbors yard, guess the UPS guy didn't look to see the numbers on my house and delivered it to my neighbor. Honest mistake, but it was funny to see my 120 pound neighbor lady standing outside holding the big cylinder that weighed every bit of 50 pounds. "I think this is your's" she said. I smiled and told here that she could have just told me it was there and I could have gotten it.

I called DHL to make sure they would ship an item strapped to a pallet, they said no problem. I stopped by the local Office Max to ship a Th350 transmission. The girl behind the counter looked at me like I was nuts. I told her that I called the DHL number and that it was fine. The problem was there digital scale only went to 70lb. The DHL online calculator calculated shipping to be 68$, got to the counter and shipping ended up being something like $76 and she charged me tax on top of that, I told her what the online calculator said but she didn't care.

I ship FedEx when ever I have the chance, never had a problem except for the idiots at FedEx Kinkos being slow as dirt.

Just my .02 cents

Rather than shipping through a third party authorized shipper, try going direct to a FedEx or DHL service center, that is if one is available nearby. UPS Store, FedEx Kinkos, or a Office Max will still charge you extra for their cut of the shipping costs. If you have a good friend who works for a company that regularly ships things via one of the big three, hve them ship it out from their. They usually get a discount of up to 50%! Just a thought.....

1978 Chevrolet Silverado C 10
454 BB, TH400
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote