The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #26
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: Fast N' Loud square body build

Wheeler Dealers is a fav, they seem to have it pegged how to bring one back without overspending. JD in Venice Beach (Turn and Burn) is another good one, I like the way he takes a total POS ready for the junkyard and makes it a somewhat cool/low-buck driver POS. I watch most any show that builds cars, but I couldn't take 10 minutes of Misfits Garage. Jared and Lou have a good show, but I can't remember the name of it. And what Wayne Carini does is amazing. I obviously watch Velocity Channel too much.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
Old 10-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #27
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Love Wheeler Dealers also. Edd Chyna is an awesome mechanic. That guy's not afraid to dive into anything. Would be a great show to American-ize and put on here.

I like Turn & Burn, just wish they'd make some new episodes already. I don't see how they get away with the paint work in SoCal, though.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:50 AM   #28
noco-k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlocksRule View Post

Too bad we don't have many shows that actually show what's going on and too many that are more like stupid so-called reality shows..."*****in' Rides" is a big step in the right direction, though.

Long Live Chip Foose - very talented and he realizes it's all about the cars and the people who own and drive them, NOT about reality TV shop drama.
Totally agree with you. American Hot Rod was a terrible show, but I did like the cars Boyd Coddington built. I can't stand Kounts Customs everything he builds seems to have a stink bug stance and looks like a trailer park race car. I've seen Chip Foose at SEMA several times....the guy is a true professional and realizes being accessible to his customers/fans is an important part of his business. He has a great reputation, so I'm glad he doesn't ruin it on some stupid TV show. I also like the stuff Dave Kindig builds very talented guy surrounded by a bunch of talented people. I think the worst car show guys are the two who find some pos and agree to give the original owner a certain percentage. They take the cars to an auction with 12 people in the crowd and wonder why they always lose money.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #29
73Super8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlocksRule View Post
Richard is a
He wears more jewelry and spends more time looking at his pretty face than most high maintenance women.
He lives under the illusion that the show is about him rather than the rides.

Aaron's cool, though.

Sue is my favorite, told my kids that I wanted a "Why You Always Bring Me Junk" t-shirt for Christmas.
Right on Brother! You can tell right away he's a "pretty boy" and never turns a wrench. Just runs his trap. I know the type. Shop guys do great and if Aaron doesn't watch he'll end up being a horse's arse by association.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #30
lv2tri2

Who is blame for the BS that finds its way into what could be great Television. The 'how to' in most of these problems is less than It could be. They all need ratings and the average attention span of the viewing public must be seconds.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #31
Old Truck Man

I like wheeler dealers and Ed China is a great mechanic. Those idiots in flordia who fix the cars on a percentage are beyond help. I don't have much use for gas monkey.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #32
midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
they say drama sells.. I never saw the draw for it... I agree show me more quality builds and how tos... Graveyard cars has some tutorials but most is still drama
Jesse James has a show he trying to sell to the networks. no drama no bull****, its about building things in USA. the show deals with true craftsmen and women. problem is the networks don't like it. they want drama.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #33
JWall
Frequent Flyer

Just saw the finished or almost finished truck on instagram... looks good!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #34
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Go Mike!!!

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
74 Honda Z50 build
Old 10-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #35
slowcpe

So I just saw PB and they mentioned Slosh Tubs. Top it off with Intros! Should be a sweet truck!
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #36
bigblock73
yeller

Slosh tubs didnt fit...I was surprised by that, I thought they were engineered for trucks with big front air drops?
Old 10-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #37
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Watching it now. So far they're doing exactly what I would do with that budget and that shop. Say what you want, but its a pretty sweet build so far
Old 10-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #38
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
Slosh tubs didnt fit...I was surprised by that, I thought they were engineered for trucks with big front air drops?
I was too, but they've mentioned a few times on the show their disdain for directions...

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
74 Honda Z50 build
Old 10-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #39
MidwestMan

I can't stand that D Bag, his first name is very fitting. Roadkill is where it's at IMO, they seem like genuine dudes and the antics are great.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #40
54Caddy
GM Addicted

Thats the only issue with the slosh tubs, they are nice don't get me wrong. But they were designed for the 81 on up front end. There are some slight differences between the years. Mike has stated that before though. Overall truck looks good.

My 73 GMC Truck Build Pic
2010 Silverado 4/6 on 24s

IG:MacsGarage
Old 10-28-2014, 12:00 AM   #41
JakeDW

It's a TV SHOW to appeal to the masses.Not a how to show.

That Square is nice and uses all the praised parts from guys that post on this site that all the looked up to shops use on there builds on here.

All the bolt on parts don't fit with out some adjustment and guys are surprised that just tells me you might not have built your own truck start to finish.

That same truck just different colors and wheels have been built on this site several times over in several different year Chevy trucks.

I would think you guys would be happy you get to see a square built with all the praised venders on this site maybe just watch dancing with the stars if its so bad lmao.
I look past all the BS and watch a truck being built for what it is.

Jake
Old 10-28-2014, 12:37 AM   #42
BMERDOC

None of the shows out there are perfect but I still watch them. I watched this build and will tune in to see it completed. As far as the Sloshtubz fiasco is concerned, the inside word is that Mike delivered the Tubz to GMG himself and told them the tires were too big. Looks like they didn't listen.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #43
73Super8

I tolerated the keystone cop BS to watch the build. So far so good.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #44
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDW View Post
All the bolt on parts don't fit with out some adjustment and guys are surprised that just tells me you might not have built your own truck start to finish.
He was asking why a part didn't fit, which seems like a reasonable question.

The guy who brought up that point has indeed built his truck from start to finish. A very huge project that turned out very sweet. Aside from that, he owns 73-87.com, which is one of the best squarebody sites there is. There aren't very many people that have more expertise in squarebody C10s than Jeff does.

I don't mean to stir up stuff, but you should do a bit of research before you go calling people out.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #45
JakeDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by killthewabbit View Post
He was asking why a part didn't fit, which seems like a reasonable question.

The guy who brought up that point has indeed built his truck from start to finish. A very huge project that turned out very sweet. Aside from that, he owns 73-87.com, which is one of the best squarebody sites there is. There aren't very many people that have more expertise in squarebody C10s than Jeff does.

I don't mean to stir up stuff, but you should do a bit of research before you go calling people out.
I could care less about any of that.I see you tried really hard not to stir up stuff.There are no quotes in my post to call any one out.

Jake
Old 10-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #46
reaper71

Hey guys..thought I'd chime in on this there is another show on the MAV tv network it is called Full custom garage. there is only one guy and all Fab work for the entire hour check it out it is one of my favorite shows out..(just my 2 cents worth)
Old 10-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #47
bigblock73
yeller

Thanks for the compliments killthewabbit

JakeDW, I don't take any of your comments personally...its all good.

My thoughts on the Slosh Tubs was simply I was surprised they didn't fit, they seem like a well engineered product...I thought they had them on backwards (L-R) or something...lol. No negativity here.

I am a square enthusiast to the bone, it is refreshing to see one being built on a national stage, regardless of style of build or type of program.

Looking forward to part II
Old 10-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #48
watahyahknow

porterbuild suspension front and back , sloshtubs , these guys must read the forum too

they do have a bit of issues with the sloshtubs but that might be because the big honking wheels they put under it

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by Josh; 01-08-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #49
bigblock73
yeller

it didn't look like tire clearance, but firewall clearance.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #50
jwa76fleetside

it was due to the fact they were attempting to use 24's instead of 22's which will fit the sloshtubz fine.
2013 Escalade
2008 Harley
Closed Thread