The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
kens65fb

Aftermarket front fenders

My front fenders are trash, I was thinking about new aftermarket.
I was ready to pick up a set at Fall Carlisle this week, as Truck Shop from Orange California will be there, and I can save a little.
Anyone have front fender fitment issues, from the "counterpart brand" sold by Truck Shop
I also found this company, FixMyRust.com from Lynchburg, VA.
They claim made in the USA
Read the description below

3070005L - Driver Side Complete Front Fender for 1960-1966 Chevrolet Pickup Truck

Retail:
$216.00
On Sale:
$205.20
You Save:
6%
At $205.20 we would like to be certain our price is the lowest available for a Driver Side Complete Front Fender for 1960-1966 Chevrolet Pickup Truck of this quality. If this same piece is available at the same quality or better, we would love to know about it. Please contact us with specifics so that we can work on lowering our prices.

This is the highest quality part available that meets the description above. The part was designed in the USA using a 3D scan of a part cut off of the vehicle. Computer Aided Design applies that scan image to the production of the all-steel dies and tooling equipment ensuring accuracy of dimensions, body lines, and contours. The steel selected is one of the highest grades available. It is dense and less porous which makes it more resistant to corrosion and rust while also allowing for high precision stamping. The steel is ordered with tighter tolerances than normal to assure that the final thickness of the part meets or exceeds OEM specifications. This makes the part stronger and more resistant to dents and bending. The part is thoroughly cleaned and prepped before a heavy coating of high quality primer is applied using the latest electro-deposit finishing process. Samples were test fitted in the USA onto applicable vehicles and the part was only put into production after a long series of cross checks to ensure appearance and proper fit. The presses and forms used to produce this part are continually monitored for stress, position, pressure, and accuracy at every stage. This assures that the first part of a run and the last part of a run are identicle. All this means that this part will fit the vehicle with no body adjustments and will look right once installed.
Dimensions
57 x 8 x 25
Weight
13 lbs

Shipping to me will be $40.00
kens65fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:18 PM   #2
jdl71

Re: Aftermarket front fenders

I bought 2 from rockauto, I believe they were goodmark and were under $200 each delivered. They fit ok a little tweaking was needed but nowhere near the nightmare I’ve heard about other aftermarket. I’d buy them again.
As to the ones you’re looking at I highly doubt they are made here. It says “designed” and “test fitted” in the USA but nothing about actual production unless I missed something.

64 C10

66 K20
jdl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:56 AM   #3
nsb29

Nowhere does it say they were made in the United States If they are as good is they say they are they’d be worth the money but not being made in the United States I wouldn’t hold my breath
Old 09-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
kens65fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl71 View Post
I bought 2 from rockauto, I believe they were goodmark and were under $200 each delivered. They fit ok a little tweaking was needed but nowhere near the nightmare I’ve heard about other aftermarket. I’d buy them again.
As to the ones you’re looking at I highly doubt they are made here. It says “designed” and “test fitted” in the USA but nothing about actual production unless I missed something.
Anyone use "Counterpart" brand fenders ?
kens65fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
crewguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens65fb View Post
Anyone use "Counterpart" brand fenders ?
I purchased Counterpart fenders about 10 years ago. When we tried to install them this past year found the fit terrible. Got the old fenders and repaired them. I've heard the newer Counterpart fenders fit better.
crewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:17 PM   #6
ACK

This isn't a direct answer to fit and quality, but might help. FixMyRust.com is the same as TopBananaParts.com. I have ordered a number of patch panels from both, most have been manufactured by KeyParts/Triplus and I haven't had problems with any (knock on wood). Having been there to pick up parts, the warehouse is big and they deal with several suppliers. Bottom line, maybe shoot them an email or give a call to ask what brand fenders and go from there.