The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #51
BrianStep72

Re: How do you get motivated????

PanelDeland, but now that I look at his profile, I see that he has moved to north carolina.

Oh well.
1972 Chevy C10 Stepside Pickup
1987 Chevy IROC Z28 Camaro 1LE+TPI - racecar
2004 Chevy Tahoe
2013 Chevy Silverado Tow Rig
--------------------------------------
http://www.bowtieracing.org
BrianStep72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #52
70rs/ss

Well, I am going to make some disgusted and others a little green, but I'll end up even more depressed (well less motivated), but here it goes! I have 1: 1972 4X4 Blazer (runs and drives, just needs some little stuff, haven't driven it anywhere in the 2-3 years I've owned it) 1: 1972 2wd Blazer, less drivetrain (have one but just haven't done it) 1: 1970 RS/SS Camaro, runs and drives (started a ground up resto so the drivetrain is 100% new) but I cut the passengers quarter off 4-5 years ago and haven't found the time to put the new one on! Currently building a nasty Vortec roller cammed 383 for it so i hope to get the quarter done so I can drive it!!, 1: 1990 454 SS truck, all there but motor is out of it, plans for a 496-505 stroked and poked Vortec 4-bolt main block, roller cam etc, etc (time and money are the hold ups on this) 1: 1967 4-door Chevelle (I traded for it, because I couldn't find a 2-door that I could afford) needs some work, was fully restored then some idiot hit him in the DS fender, door etc (I am going to sell this as it is barely worth fixing as no one seems to want a 4-door?? I have two spare cabs, I am building (trying to finish) a truck for a board member, I agreed to build and install a vortec 350 for a friend into a 70 4X4 short fleet (part of the deal is that I get dibs when he is gone or tires of the truck, BTW he has owned it since new!) I have 4 quads I can't seem to sell even though they are like new, and new Harley I didn't need but it was a deal so I HAD to have it (haven't put 50 miles on it!!)

The kicker for me is in the last month I have finally figured out what "was with me?" I am and apparnently have always been ADD, I made it through 4 years of undergrad and a Master's but always had trouble, now I think I know why. I am also set for a fusion surgery on the lower 3-4 vertebrea in my back. I have trouble getting started, and I seem to have trouble focusing (go figure with 7-10 vehicles at any given time!)

My plan is sell everything except the 90 454 SS, the Camaro, and maybe the 2wd Blazer but everything else has to go, quads, Harley, 4X4 blazer, 07 Dodge (want to drive an older non-payment Chevy!) So how do you get motivated, AVOID EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE AND YOU"LL BE GOLDEN!!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #53
fastom
That's right, it's Copper!!

This is what I do; I turn off the DAMN TV and get my fat A@# off the couch. It works most of the time!
fastom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:05 PM   #54
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Same deal,low on motivation & cash(too many home projects). I think I will have to take the old truck out & rip up some rubber.....that might motivate me into the next project crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #55
streetstar

70rs/ss , That actually sounds a lot like my situation. Need to sell a K5, a harley, several dirt bikes and a s--tload of high end velodrome bicycles.
The only project i have a clear focus on is my '69 GMC (i'm focused , but i'm not touching it until i have the funds accumulated to finish it in 6 months -- so it waits)--
my '75 is progressing but doesnt have a build plan,- the more i replace, the more i found out i need to replace as i get further and further in --- and the race car just collects cobwebs now, on top of all that, i am trying to buy another '69 in driver shape, just so i have a cool old truck to roll in until some of my other projects get completed.

Ok - now i'm depressed again - time to go take a nap

Nonsense! I'm in my prime
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #56
Hart_Rod

For me it's the life triangle. Messing with these trucks (or an project) takes 3 things (hence the triangle, ), time, money and health. I guess you could throw experience or knowledge in there, but you can overcome either of those with enough time or money .

Seems like I'm always short one of the three, .

When I was younger, it was money.
Right now it's time.
Hopefully my health holds out, and I'll be able to breake the cycle, .

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 04-04-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #57
ColoradoK5

I thought i was the only one like this! i had cable for the first time over the winter didn't do a damn thing to my K5 motor has been blown since July 07 and recently turned off the cable and got started back on my K5. I have a goal to have it up and running again by Mid-May.
ColoradoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:56 AM   #58
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

The other thing that keeps me motivated is to only have one project at a time.

I know so many people that have so many project vehicles (some of them are some very cool rides) but NONE of them ever get done and just sit and sit and sit. I'm so tempted to buy another truck, but I know if I do, it will most likely never get done. *IF* I buy another truck, it will most likely be one that is already completed.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote