The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
Hart_Rod

Re: plaid highlander trim - question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShaips View Post
Here are the seats finished. I think they came out great! Cleaned the back seat real good and it looks fine, I am not going to recover it. Getting close to being done with this one, I will have to find another to restore. Well after I restore my 70 Superbee.
Beautiful!!!
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #52
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShaips View Post
Here are the seats finished. I think they came out great! Cleaned the back seat real good and it looks fine, I am not going to recover it. Getting close to being done with this one, I will have to find another to restore. Well after I restore my 70 Superbee.
Looks Nice! Those colors really work well together.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #53
SS Tim

For those following this wanting more hard numbers here is a Suburban trim chart. It shows the Highlander trim combinations offered. Also has the paint codes as they apply to Subs so of course the white stripe pickup codes are not here along with the Cheyenne or Super trims. It is interesting to note that the trim was not available (see footnote) in 4x4 Subs but was offered in Blazers and Pickups. Still a lot of good info. At last I have documented one of my favorite combos. Now where would I find a 581 / 651 C30 Longhorn or K20 ?? :-)
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #54
19seventeeCustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Notice the truck shown above has solid paint. My first truck was a Ochre Group A Highlander SWB w/3spd,much ike that one. That was so long ago I couldn't tell you what color the wheel was. But,it was 1973 and it was just a cooler truck than the new ones to me. I didn't know what models there were or paid attention to which ones got what color steering wheel. Heck,I didn't know it was a Highlander!
swb highlander!! imagine how many other rare trucks went
that unnoticed, for many years after production? only to die of cancer, or crush
19seventeeCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #55
2003 silverado

Just got done reading all the post.I lost track ,kinda like the one member said about seeing the picture in the picture.Good thing the CST wasn't put out there (LOL).SS trim did you ask to use my pics #24-#25 (LOL) JUST KIDDING GREAT POST And NICE Blazer RS like the yellow
1997 Ford focus (Beater)
2003 ford Taurus (student)
2014 Ford Fusion HYB (wife)
2003 Jetta ( Student)
2003 silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #56
WIDESIDE72

I have only seen a couple of highlanders in Texas and they were all lwb. Was it a regional thing? Maybe trucks were already selling wel enough in Texas (?) Reading this thread I got to wondering if it was available on Swb trucks and I see someone mentioned having one back in the day. Does anyone have photos of Swb highlanders?
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #57
SS Tim

To update this thread I'd like to add this list. So save it in your SPID decode file.

Highlander Plaid was a trim option only based on Z62 or Z84 (Blazer only) optioned vehicle. In addition promo packages A,B and C were offered that bundled several options in addition to the Plaid trim. Thus a promo package truck was a Highlander but a Highlander was NOT ALWAYS a promo package equipped truck.

Highlander trim codes
All include black dash pad, steering column (with or without tilt) and carpet. In addition the door panels, visors, console (Blazer only) and seat belts were parchment (white). Seat vinyl was also parchment and the insert color is determined by the specific code. So the only variable color keyed component was the insert color of the seatcovers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pickups Custom Deluxe Z62 mandatory option
green 613
blue 611
gray 604
orange 618

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Suburbans Custom Deluxe Z62 mandatory option
green 647
blue 642
gray 639
orange 651

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Blazer Cheyenne (CST) Z84 mandatory option
green 680
blue 677
gray 671
orange 686

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Promo package codes
A= YG6 Plaid Trim, Special wheelcovers/chrome hubcaps, Chrome front bumper, Upper (belt) molding, Door edge guards and Below Eye-Line mirrors.
B= YG7 Adds Turbo. automatic trans., Power steering and Tilt.
C= YG8 Adds A/C and tint.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #58
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
I have only seen a couple of highlanders in Texas and they were all lwb. Was it a regional thing? Maybe trucks were already selling wel enough in Texas (?) Reading this thread I got to wondering if it was available on Swb trucks and I see someone mentioned having one back in the day. Does anyone have photos of Swb highlanders?
Posted via Mobile Device
There were few exclusions on the Highlander trim or Package trucks that I have found. Several swb pickups have surfaced including this loaded BB from Las Vegas that the "for sale" add was removed after being publically decoded. As far as photos it is almost impossible to tell a Highlander from a Custom Deluxe in most truck exterior sale pictures. Often the seat is recovered and the door panels are dyed or replaced.
Attached Images