The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2002, 03:49 PM   #1
Blue68

Post Fan shroud help

As you can see from my sig, I've installed the engine and accessories from a '98 chevy truck. I'm trying to find a fan shroud that will work. I've seen a similar setup in a guys suburban (been a couple of years) where he was running (I think) a big block shroud with the accesories from a vette or something.

Can anyone tell me some of the measurements for the bb shroud? Diameter of the fan hole, how far from the core surface to the back of the shroud where the fan enters, and if possible the depth where the shroud tapers into the fan opening. The clutch sits about 1.25 inches from my core and the fan blads are around 4 inches from the core. And the blade is about 19 inches in diameter.

Summer is coming and I'd like to get something in place. Stock looking is preferred. But if not, I'll have to have something made.

------------------
Frisco, Tx

'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.

Way too much money and time invested..But it's a hobby.

'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.
Blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 04:57 PM   #2
ViperRed67

By the measurments you gave a it sounds like a stck small block shroud from a short water pump 2 wheel drive would be about ideal! As the stock fan gets about 2 inches from the core on my 67 with a short pump and 2 inch spacer.
ViperRed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 07:17 PM   #3
mikep
Used to have a truck

I'm running a small block with the long water pump and accesories in my 68. It was originally a big block truck and the fan is exactly where it was with the big block and I have a good 2 1/2 inches of clearance from fan to radiator even with a 2 inch spacer and a stainless flex fan. I NEVER overheat or even come close to it. It all depends on where your motor mounts put the engine. My motor sits farther back in the engine compartment than other original eqpt 67-72 small block equipped trucks I have seen. I am using the big block motor and tranny mounts and frame mounts with the original close ratio NP 4 spd transmission and 4 core big block/AC radiator.

[This message has been edited by mikep (edited May 22, 2002).]