The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #11
hemi43

Re: Hemi's 70 Blazer build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Congrats on the build, everything looks top notch. Any chance you could give a little more detail to building the 72 door screw washer, don't know what you call it

Sorry to see these great builds getting finished, as I now have nothing to read, maybe another will come along shortly

Maybe one of your pucks is hanging up slightly on your front brakes, or adjustment on the rears
Those door screw "thingys" I had to make out of two pieces because of their odd shape. I made the basic shape on the lathe, and cut the backside of them on the mill to fir the contour radius of the door. The part that actually goes through the hole in the door was a separate piece that was silver soldered to the part that's actually seen. Not real rocket science. Would be an easy job with anyone with a 3D printer.

The front pistons are fine (I assume) because there's no pull on the steering wheel. In fact, I can let go of the wheel and hammer the brakes on, and the wheel won't move at all. I never really thought about one of the rear brake shoes being too tight. Not sure if that would cause it, but I'll definitely take a look at it.

I got a P0101 code come up ( Mass air flow sensor ) so trying to get rid of that. All minor stuff that's expected when building something from the ground up.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote