The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2021, 01:00 PM   #1
Denee007

'72 Ford Bronco resto

Hi, it's me dne', I still keep my eyes on this forum, RickySnickers suggested in put a build thread, so I'm doing just that

On my 59 Chevy, I had bought it back in 2011 and just recently sold it for 17.5 to be able to buy this in poor condition '72 Ford Bronco. My 59, I had taken it as far as I could, or wanted. It had some issues, mainly body and the fella that bought it, I showed him everything so there were no hidden facts that he would have to deal with.

Anyway, I was having difficult time figuring what I'd like to spend the next few years of my life on, something to keep me busy and the Bronco seemed to be a pretty cool ride.

The day we brought it home; just fit on my 14' trailer.

It's pretty easy to work on, removal of the body was straight forward. As I've learned, Broncos had problems with rust and I found my fair share of rust I'm going to have to deal with, but parts are available as with most old cars/trucks. I'm using my brothers jeep tires to move it around, the tires which were on it were SHOT.

This is the original engine, original everything before stripping. Note the front frame horns, omg, somebody put those on and lucky me got to remove all of of it and weld on some used frame horns and lucky they're available!
The plans: change out the 3 speed manual for an automatic (c4). All the other classics I have are manual and my husbands left hip is giving him trouble, I'd just like him to be able to drive it when done.

I belong to a Classic Bronco forum, and on that site, a member had a C4 for sale, but he was upgrading his Bronco by means up 80-90k dollars. He had his 302/C4, suspension, tires, front axle(mainly for me was the disc brake upgrade to put on my Dana44), just too many parts to list, all for 4500. Super nice guy to boot!

This is the Bronco of which I bought just about everything he had for sale (this is not my bronco). I have those wheels and they are totally awesome.

Since I bought that guys engine, it has about 19k miles on it, so I built an engine run stand to play with it of which I've already had running on it. It sounds great, all I had to do was pull the intake, valve covers, pan, re-seal, make pretty.

As said~ I had a little fun fabbing up this engine run stand

My first Ford True-track 3.50 chunk setup

Please forgive me, I'm kind of out of order, but this is the frame, I had to replace all frame horn ends and do some other repair work, but it turned out great!

Ok, I'm going to leave it as this and ad onto it, we've got to get ready for kids/grandkids coming over for Thanksgiving

It's nice to be on this forum again~ lot's of great people that I remember here
dne'
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com

Last edited by Denee007; 11-22-2021 at 01:12 PM. Reason: added pic
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote