The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
Junkman-2008

Junkman's "How to Make Paint Look Like Glass WITH NO WAX INVOLVED!

Here's a video I did years ago where I explained to folks that POLISHING, NOT WAX is what you do to make paint shine. For those of you in the military, this should be common sense. In the Marines, we didn't wax our boots, we POLISHED them. Same goes for you guys in the Army. In the Navy, you had a boatload of brass that had to be polished. Did you use wax? NO, YOU USED POLISH. You guys in the Air Force wore corframs so this might be a little hard for you to follow.

Nahhhh...! I'm just messing with you Air Force guys!

Polish is what makes stuff shine, INCLUDING PAINT. Those of you out there trying to figure out which WAX is the best because you want your paint to shine are lost souls. I'm going to bring you in from the dark. Watch these two videos and be amazed.

POLISHING IS WHAT MAKE EVERYTHING SHINE INCLUDING PAINT.

Polish is used to shine glass, jewelry, brass, aluminum, you name it. It is no different with paint. Clear your mind of all the crap that you have learned from companies and people who sell detailing products and allow YOUR EYES to tell you the truth. If you are not smart enough to believe what you SEE with your own eyes, then there's no help for you. WATCH:

Here's what the paint looks like on my car, just before I put wax on it to protect the shine that I created from POLISHING the paint to perfection. These pictures were taken with a Canon Powershot SX30 IS. Nothing fancy by any stretch of the imagination compared to today's cameras and cell phones.

POLISHED, NOT WAXED.

Last edited by Junkman-2008; 06-21-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Junkman-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote