The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Vendors Marketplace

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2020, 06:05 PM   #751
Jrgunn5150

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
So you are the one that sent me a payment with absolutely no info as to what the payment is for and also no address to ship to?
Sounds like something I would do, I assumed my PayPal address would carry over. I will send a PM.

Link to Daryl's build, http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...10#post8443010

Link to my Youtube channel with build info, https://www.youtube.com/thedrivewayengineer
Jrgunn5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #752
HeavyHauler

Has anybody here used the 76-78 Cadillac Eldorado rear calipers on their truck with the emergency brake cables? If you did then what cables did you use?

Are there any aftermarket D52 style calipers with E brake that would fit the D52 style conversion brackets?

If not then I will just buy some 76-78 Cadillac rear calipers from Autozone, but I dont think they come with any brackets or springs.
HeavyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:29 PM   #753
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Check with Ruff Stuff Specialties for new calipers with the e-brake. If you do get a pair from your local auto parts store, I do also make the levers and brackets and sell them with the springs. There are no other calipers with an e-brake that will interchange with the D52 calipers. That is why the '76-'78 Eldorado calipers are the only other calipers on the parts list.

https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com...m_medium=email
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:32 PM   #754
Hankster

The price on these is $237.00 plus a flat rate shipping of $15.05 anywhere in the USA. These brackets are also available powder coated in satin black for an additional $28.00 This pricing is always current and up to date. If you are outside of the USA contact me for a shipping price. What is included for this price is shown in the first pic, which includes the 3 piece assembly for both sides, plus all the necessary grade 8 hardware for mounting to your differential.

For payment I accept PayPal and money orders. If you would like a set, post in this thread. [/QUOTE]

I know this is from 10 years ago but I’m getting ready to go disc rear on my 12 bolt and came across this post. Do you still make these and sale them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:40 PM   #755
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I keep post #1 of all of my for sale threads updated just as it says, 10 years old or not. I fabricate all of my products everyday. This is one way I attempt to make a living. I am currently about a week out on building and shipping orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
The price on these is $237.00 plus a flat rate shipping of $15.05 anywhere in the USA. These brackets are also available powder coated in satin black for an additional $28.00 This pricing is always current and up to date. If you are outside of the USA contact me for a shipping price. What is included for this price is shown in the first pic, which includes the 3 piece assembly for both sides, plus all the necessary grade 8 hardware for mounting to your differential.

For payment I accept PayPal and money orders. If you would like a set, post in this thread.

I know this is from 10 years ago but I’m getting ready to go disc rear on my 12 bolt and came across this post. Do you still make these and sale them?
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]
Old 03-02-2020, 12:04 PM   #756
Seth2789

I would like to get the rear disc brake setup for my 72 Chevy C10. I would also like to have it powered coated. Please let me know what I need to do to get this. Thank you!
Seth2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:45 PM   #757
Hankster

Quote:
I keep post #1 of all of my for sale threads updated just as it says, 10 years old or not. I fabricate all of my products everyday. This is one way I attempt to make a living. I am currently about a week out on building and shipping orders.

Awesome! Soon as I get my income tax later this week I’ll get in touch with you to make an order.

Posted via Mobile Device
[/QUOTE]
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2020, 11:00 PM   #758
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I replied to your PM. In your PM you did not specify which bracket set you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth2789 View Post
I would like to get the rear disc brake setup for my 72 Chevy C10. I would also like to have it powered coated. Please let me know what I need to do to get this. Thank you!
Old 03-02-2020, 11:00 PM   #759
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I don't see a reply??????????????????

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]
Old 03-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #760
Hankster

Alright. Income tax hit. What do I need to do to get a set ordered from you? I’m not worried about powder coating. They will be painted.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #761
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I will send you a PM with ordering and payment info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
Alright. Income tax hit. What do I need to do to get a set ordered from you? I’m not worried about powder coating. They will be painted.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2020, 03:39 PM   #762
HeavyHauler

Hey I would like to buy a set of your lever,cable bracket and spring kit for my 1976 Cadillac rear disc calipers. I purchased a set and they are bare.

Let me know if you have some in stock and how much then I will send paypal.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2020, 03:13 PM   #763
HeavyHauler

I cant find a pic of how those emergency brake 1976 Cadillac Eldorado style brackets,levers and springs bolt up to the calipers? Do you have some good pics of how they bolt togther? I cant find any online.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:47 PM   #764
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Pictures and some discussion are on pages 12 and 15 of this for sale thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHauler View Post
I cant find a pic of how those emergency brake 1976 Cadillac Eldorado style brackets,levers and springs bolt up to the calipers? Do you have some good pics of how they bolt togther? I cant find any online.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #765
HeavyHauler

It seems your bracket and spring kit does not work for 1976-1978 Cadillac Eldorado calipers as that is what I have. I have those because I was told that that the later 79-85 calipers will not bolt up to your caliper brackets as they are a different bolt pattern or else I would have purchased the 79-85 calipers.

My calipers are like the ones posted by Twisted78ss posted on page 15 as his right caliper does not have a bolt hole in order to attach the lower e-brake bracket and neither of my calipers have that hole either.

I will try to figure out how to post a pic of my calipers although I dont see how that will help now that I have seen what was posted on pages 12 and 15 and the lack of bolt holes to attach that bracket.

I would like your input on this as to what needs to happen so I can move forward.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #766
HeavyHauler

Here is a pic of my calipers and the bracket kit you sent.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #767
HeavyHauler

Quote:
Here is a pic of my calipers and the bracket kit you sent.
The right caliper is on the right and the left caliper is on the left in the pic.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:37 PM   #768
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Everything that I make is exactly for what I say the application is. I do not make parts that do not fit or work. Those levers, cable brackets and springs ARE for the '76-'78 Eldorado calipers and not for the '79-'85 calipers. You have to drill and tap a 5/16"-18 hole to bolt the cable brackets to the calipers. There is no other way to mount a cable bracket to those calipers. Not all of the '76-'78 Eldorado calipers have the threaded hole for bolting the cable bracket to them. I assumed you were aware of this since you asked about purchasing the levers, cable brackets and spring kit from me. If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it for a refund.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:17 PM   #769
HeavyHauler

Quote:
Everything that I make is exactly for what I say the application is. I do not make parts that do not fit or work. Those levers, cable brackets and springs ARE for the '76-'78 Eldorado calipers and not for the '79-'85 calipers. You have to drill and tap a 5/16"-18 hole to bolt the cable brackets to the calipers. There is no other way to mount a cable bracket to those calipers. Not all of the '76-'78 Eldorado calipers have the threaded hole for bolting the cable bracket to them. I assumed you were aware of this since you asked about purchasing the levers, cable brackets and spring kit from me. If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return it for a refund.
I was aware that some 76-78 Eldorado calipers being sold did not have the levers and brackets so I would need to buy them separately. But absolutely did not know that they didnt even have a hole for the bracket to bolt onto. I dont think anybody would have thought about that being a thing.

I dont know where exactly to drill the hole or know anybody who can do that. I will see if I can find somebody local who can but if not I will contact you for refund then. I would rather have them work.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:47 AM   #770
HeavyHauler

Hey is there any way you can tell me what size hole, what size bolt goes into the hole and if the hole is supposed to go all the way through the caliper?

Maybe how long the bolt should be also? That would be great and I would appreciate the info and help. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:23 PM   #771
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

The allen socket bolts included with the kit are for attaching the cable brackets to the calipers. They are 5/16"-18 x 3/4" bolts. That is why I previously said that you need to drill and tap 5/16"-18 holes to mount the cable brackets. The tap drill size is a F drill. If you do not have one of those a 1/4" drill is .007" smaller. Yes the hole should go all the way thru the outside of the caliper. There is nothing exact about where the cable brackets can be attached. Look at the pics on page 15 and you will see where they need to be placed with the large hole centered over the slide bolt. The pin is sup[posed to be up against the side of the caliper to keet the bracket from rotating. They do not have to be exact.

Quote:
Hey is there any way you can tell me what size hole, what size bolt goes into the hole and if the hole is supposed to go all the way through the caliper?

Maybe how long the bolt should be also? That would be great and I would appreciate the info and help. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #772
HeavyHauler

On page 15 you mention cutting the extra nubs off calipers in order to make the E-brake brackets function properly.

Both my calipers have that extra nub.

Do I need to cut the nubs off my calipers in order to make the E-brake brackets work or did you change your design so that modification is not required?
Old 03-25-2020, 09:31 PM   #773
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

If the levers hit the 'nubs' on your calipers, you will need to trim them so that you have hull range of travel of the levers.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:01 PM   #774
72 Blazer CST

Payment sent for your D52 setup with powder coating. Thanks!
72 Blazer CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:40 PM   #775
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Payment received. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 Blazer CST View Post
Payment sent for your D52 setup with powder coating. Thanks!