The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
Scottsdale Doc

85 Scottsdale selling for parts

My husband is just sick that a family member rolled his truck in a ditch. It's been hard to look at. Not sure if we should just let it go as a whole, or try to part out. The engine was upgraded to 350 and has less than 600 miles. Edelbrock carb. All AC parts new as were never installed. Has lowering kit, according to family member... Was thinking about advertising on craigslist too.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. He spent much time and money restoring his dad's truck, now it has to go !
Attached Images

Scottsdale Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
trukman1

Re: 85 Scottsdale selling for parts

Truly sorry this happened to you. I just hope nobody was hurt. Even though the truck meant a lot to you it's still a truck that, believe it or not, can be replaced. People cannot.

Can't tell you what to do with it. I would sell the whole truck for parts just so I wouldn't have to look at it and be constantly reminded of what happened.

Who knows, if that hadn't happened someone might have gotten killed in it later.

Things happen for a reason that we usually don't understand. We just have to place our faith in G-d that there is a reason we don't know about at play in our lives.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever decision you decide to make.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trukman1 View Post
Truly sorry this happened to you. I just hope nobody was hurt. Even though the truck meant a lot to you it's still a truck that, believe it or not, can be replaced. People cannot.

Can't tell you what to do with it. I would sell the whole truck for parts just so I wouldn't have to look at it and be constantly reminded of what happened.

Who knows, if that hadn't happened someone might have gotten killed in it later.

Things happen for a reason that we usually don't understand. We just have to place our faith in G-d that there is a reason we don't know about at play in our lives.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever decision you decide to make.
agree with this sentimate too. hope things work for the best that it can be. Please let us know what you decide... I know people on here would be interested in things/whole ....

take care
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #4
Scottsdale Doc

Thank you for your kind words and sentiment.

Our nephew was certainly lucky, and had his seat belt on, which is a rare choice he makes.
Not his first time of interaction with a ditch, before both him and his own truck were unscathed.

We had hoped he would drive more carefully after his younger cousin was fatally injured driving his pick-up home after working offshore. Highway patrol thought he fell asleep at the wheel as no other vehicle involved.

My husband has battled cancer for over a year, and finally had major surgery in March. He is now only allowed to lift 20lbs and still gets tired easily. He was a mechanic, but does not have the tools or resources now to part it out himself.

The best option for us, and the family, is to just try to sell it as a whole, and take whatever someone believes it is worth to them.
We are only in MS for another 3 weeks to deal with the truck as we have medical commitments in Florida.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:56 AM   #5
86454k30

Very unfortunate. I'd say post it on craigslist and sell it complete. Pretty much 1 and done so you don't end up with a mess to clean up parting it out.
86454k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:22 AM   #6
Scottsdale Doc

Yes, we are trying to sell as a whole. Had a local guy interested as he wanted the motor and carb, but he was a "no show" today.
We have til next weekend to move it next door, so keeping the wheels for now in case we have to do that.
Guess I'll try craigslist too, thank you.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:14 PM   #7
Dustytrix

Still interested in wheels if you decide to part out.
Dustytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 12:11 AM   #8
Scottsdale Doc

I put the truck on Jackson MS craigslist and had a few responses.

The truck has been sold as a whole to a local guy who wanted to upgrade his engine. He already has the rims and tires on his own truck.

We are glad our truck found a happy home and will be used for parts.