The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2023, 08:11 PM   #451
TKCR

Re: My 86 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Just finished reading this all the way through. Kind of odd that your truck has both the grille lights and bumper lights though. Always thought that was a one or the other kind of deal like the single-headlight trucks being either under the headlight or in the bumper.
Well the PO had swapped the bumper at some point. They put the 81-82 bumper that does have the bumper lights. But they also had installed a billet grille, which did not have the parking lamps. I removed the billet grille and installed the correct GM grille for the 85-87 and wired back in the parking lamps. That is why it has both grille & bumper lamps.

I also sold the truck yesterday.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 09:34 AM   #452
TKCR

Sold Big Red a couple weeks ago. She is now called Cherry Pie. I know the new owners, we grew up together as next door neighbors. He is a classic car/truck enthusiast, and goes to a lot of local shows. So Cherry Pie will get the attention it deserves. Sad to see it go, but it was time. It just didn稚 make sense of this beautiful truck sitting in the garage all the time.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2023, 06:21 AM   #453
TKCR

My buddy Jeff only kept the truck for 6 weeks. He took her to about 24 shows in that 6 weeks, and won multiple awards & trophies. He even took her to the Good Guys Show in Columbus.
But he sold her and now she will be residing in Virginia.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2023, 08:16 AM   #454
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Still a super nice truck. Did I miss, what's the next project?

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:18 AM   #455
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Still a super nice truck. Did I miss, what's the next project?
No new projects. Going to stop doing the bench seat restorations also, as soon as I use up all my cores.
I知 just going to restore the seatbelts.
Old 08-08-2023, 01:11 PM   #456
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

tkcr,
congrats!! on the sale... hopefully the new owner knows about the truck site. even though you don't have a sqbdy... AND not doing seat resto...BUMMER!! (for future restorers) hopefully you will continue to visit & share your always helpful insight!!
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 06:17 PM   #457
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
tkcr,
congrats!! on the sale... hopefully the new owner knows about the truck site. even though you don't have a sqbdy... AND not doing seat resto...BUMMER!! (for future restorers) hopefully you will continue to visit & share your always helpful insight!!
I知 not going anywhere. I知 going to focus all my time on restoring the seatbelts. Seats, I値l still be doing until I use up my cores I still have.
Still enjoy going to the shows. Went to Richmond IN for the Midwest Squarebody Gathering. Got to meet several of the people I have done jobs for.
This is one truck I致e been dying to see in person. Full restoration of a 1980. I made my contribution to his build with the seatbelts I restored for him.
And then then a little shopping at the Swap Meet
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2023, 08:18 AM   #458
57NAPCO
F達奪 guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
No new projects. Going to stop doing the bench seat restorations also, as soon as I use up all my cores.
I知 just going to restore the seatbelts.
Story to hear but I understand, sure glad I got to have one of your beautiful seats
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:15 AM   #459
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57NAPCO View Post
Story to hear but I understand, sure glad I got to have one of your beautiful seats
I知 glad you did too. And it was nice meeting you in person!
Old 09-25-2023, 11:36 AM   #460
LT7A

I was catching up on the last year or so of your thread and did not expect to hear about the truck going down the road. Wow, that is a big surprise. Glad you are going to hang around and still do the seat belts. I always appreciated your nearly excruciating attention to detail, haha. That truck benefited a lot by your ownership. Sounds like you just got it easier to get the out of the garage with the new door opener, and then you turned loose of it. I hope that you are enjoying your relatively recent retirement and finding plenty of things to do.

Last edited by LT7A; 09-25-2023 at 11:53 AM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:30 PM   #461
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I was catching up on the last year or so of your thread and did not expect to hear about the truck going down the road. Wow, that is a big surprise. Glad you are going to hang around and still do the seat belts. I always appreciated your nearly excruciating attention to detail, haha. That truck benefited a lot by your ownership. Sounds like you just got it easier to get the out of the garage with the new door opener, and then you turned loose of it. I hope that you are enjoying your relatively recent retirement and finding plenty of things to do.
Thank you.
I was just feeling pretty guilty about never making the time to get the truck out and enjoying it. I don't have any regrets letting it go, it was time. Just pretty excited that someone has it that's getting a lot of enjoyment out of it, and its getting a lot of attention!
Old 09-25-2023, 03:23 PM   #462
LT7A

Quote:
I知 not going anywhere. I知 going to focus all my time on restoring the seatbelts. Seats, I値l still be doing until I use up my cores I still have.
Still enjoy going to the shows. Went to Richmond IN for the Midwest Squarebody Gathering. Got to meet several of the people I have done jobs for.
This is one truck I致e been dying to see in person. Full restoration of a 1980. I made my contribution to his build with the seatbelts I restored for him.
And then then a little shopping at the Swap Meet
That 1980 is something else. Great showcase for your work. Did you notice where they took a little liberty with the side trim? Hard to believe the condition that truck was in when they started the restoration.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:36 PM   #463
TKCR

Quote:
That 1980 is something else. Great showcase for your work. Did you notice where they took a little liberty with the side trim? Hard to believe the condition that truck was in when they started the restoration.
Dallas was able to track down a lot of NOS parts for that build. It痴 a beautiful truck, and to see it in person. It was like it just came off the assembly line.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:55 PM   #464
LT7A

Quote:
Dallas was able to track down a lot of NOS parts for that build. It’s a beautiful truck, and to see it in person. It was like it just came off the assembly line.
They did a very nice job. Especially considering what it looked like when they started. However, not exactly like the assembly line. From the factory, the horizontal trim behind the rear wheel well starts at the same level as where the rest of it runs along the bottom of the truck, and then it slants up to run along the bottom edge of the tailgate. On this truck, they've raised it higher than the factory and run it horizontal to meet the tailgate.
Attached Images

Last edited by LT7A; 09-26-2023 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:03 PM   #465
TKCR

Quote:
They did a very nice job. Especially considering what it looked like when they started. However, not exactly like the assembly line. From the factory, the horizontal trim behind the rear wheel well starts at the same level as where the rest of it runs along the bottom of the truck, and then it slants up to run along the bottom edge of the tailgate. On this truck, they've lift raised it higher than the factory and run it horizontal to meet the tailgate.
Ok