The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #151
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Quote:
Originally Posted by huero View Post
I'm in. If, anything to grab a burger.
Where is all the So Cal people?
Thats what im talking about. At my job 1 guy drives a 55 he just bought off ebay, two others drive 67-72 chevys. Are we stopping at 72 cause theres a another guy at work who drives a 75 stepside, are we excluding years?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #152
huero
1969 Short, Fleet, and Beat

I don't think we should exclude years, especially when alot of our truck parts are inter-changable. Ford's and Dodge's welcomed for all I care. The more the merrier!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #153
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
I don't think we should exclude years, especially when alot of our truck parts are inter-changable. Ford's and Dodge's welcomed for all I care. The more the merrier!

My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 PM   #154
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
Bro im there. Cant speak for anyone else. You being in Inglewood and me on the LA/Gardena border, we will have to have our own meet if we cant get the rest involved. Come on fellas, lets get this going.
`
We could do that. So I guess I will be meeting you and huero on the 15th. If anybody else wants to show up thats cool to.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:50 PM   #155
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
We could do that. So I guess I will be meeting you and huero on the 15th. If anybody else wants to show up thats cool to.
Sounds like 3 to me. Im going to let the guys at my job know when and where. Thats all I can do.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #156
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Need to get permission to use the group logo. But figured something like this to spread the word.

Then again I could be doing too much.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #157
Kex

Guys, I won't make it to Harbor City on the 15th. I think we need to get something going that's simple: maybe a group down there on the 15th and another group up at Bob's B.B. in Burbank to start things rolling. I don't care if it's just for coffee in Starbuck's at the Los Feliz Costco/Best Buy just to get things moving with just two or three guys. I think we need to start somewhere and build from there. Any takers?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #158
huero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kex View Post
Guys, I won't make it to Harbor City on the 15th. I think we need to get something going that's simple: maybe a group down there on the 15th and another group up at Bob's B.B. in Burbank to start things rolling. I don't care if it's just for coffee in Starbuck's at the Los Feliz Costco/Best Buy just to get things moving with just two or three guys. I think we need to start somewhere and build from there. Any takers?
I'm confused? Why 2 groups in two locations? The ricky & ronnie's get together is going to be as simple as anything can get.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #159
Bill72BB
Thats the Hillbilly way

I'm at Ricky & Ronnie's , often ,but the 15th won't work for me .Hopefully the next time .
Member Old Farts Club
72 3/4ton Custom Camper BB402/400 trans Dynomax Cerama-coat headers , Hei distributor ,Edelbrock 1411 air,ps,pb,leafsprings ,98 chevy 60/40 seat,S10 shoulder belts
tilt,3.54 Dana 60 rear. 16" Eagle wheels with LT265/75 16 tires,Gaylord Lid,H4 headlights with 100W relay conversion.

" If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself "
Marriage changes passion...suddenly you're in bed with a relative. A GUY'S PRAYER....

Lord, I pray for a nympho with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and likes to fish and hunt and has a Harley .Amen ,
Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #160
huero

Why not post or suggest a date that will work for everyone and maybe we can all agree to re schedule?
I'm still in for the 15th with a friend and his 72 Super.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #161
Kex

Huero, I don't want to derail the meet on the 15th just because I can't make it. I think if we get a small group, or a couple of small starter groups going, we can meld everything together at some later stage and make a serious SoCal/L.A. group. I'm open to any suggestions though, if you think this is a bad idea.

I probably won't be available for anything more than a 30-60 minute "coffee stop" before mid-January.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #162
huero

No problem Kex. I have organized some car cruise's with another website. The key to having a good time and turn out is if everyone makes a appearance whether you have a show truck or beater. The more people that show, the better the time to be had.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #163
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kex View Post
Huero, I don't want to derail the meet on the 15th just because I can't make it. I think if we get a small group, or a couple of small starter groups going, we can meld everything together at some later stage and make a serious SoCal/L.A. group. I'm open to any suggestions though, if you think this is a bad idea.
I probably won't be available for anything more than a 30-60 minute "coffee stop" before mid-January.
Kex I understand that you cant make it, people have things to do. Since I joined this group the SoCal members have been trying to meet each other for years so when the date was thrown out we took it. I see what your saying, if you have a meet with members out your way, they later on we can pick a spot for a combined meet. Kex if you have a smaller meet out there or near you post the date and time, some of us will drive there, me included.
Really want this to happen, and when I fix a few more things, then all the way to San Diego will be next on the list.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #164
huero

Quote:
Since I joined this group the SoCal members have been trying to meet each other for years so when the date was thrown out we took it. if you have a smaller meet out there or near you post the date and time, some of us will drive there, me included.
Really want this to happen, and when I fix a few more things, then all the way to San Diego will be next on the list.
with VDOG 100%
Now, where are the rest of the SO Cal folks that wanted to meet up? We are on page 7 of this thread. Mucho talk if you ask me. I understand any date picked will not work for everyone but, where is everybody else?
Old 12-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #165
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
with VDOG 100%
Now, where are the rest of the SO Cal folks that wanted to meet up? We are on page 7 of this thread. Mucho talk if you ask me. I understand any date picked will not work for everyone but, where is everybody else?
Like my flyer says, the 15th 12 noon. Feel free to print that flyer out and give it to other classic truck owners you see on the street. Thats what im doing. If I need to add more info, let me know. Kinding of taking this project on. Not the leader by no means, just trying to get it going.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #166
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Like my flyer says, the 15th 12 noon. Feel free to print that flyer out and give it to other classic truck owners you see on the street. Thats what im doing. If I need to add more info, let me know. Kinding of taking this project on. Not the leader by no means, just trying to get it going.
Yes you are the leader.lol Don't try to get out of it now. You've done more than anybody else to make this happen I vote you the leader.lol You are doing flyers and passing them out and all that. Nope you have to do it. Its in your hands now. lol

Seriously if this is going to happen I will be there. Ricky's and Ronnie on the 15th at noon. Got it.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #167
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Yes you are the leader.lol Don't try to get out of it now. You've done more than anybody else to make this happen I vote you the leader.lol You are doing flyers and passing them out and all that. Nope you have to do it. Its in your hands now. lol

Seriously if this is going to happen I will be there. Ricky's and Ronnie on the 15th at noon. Got it.
I make one suggestion and my name gets changed to George Bush!!! LOL
Yea the 15th is the date for whoever can make it.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #168
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

George Bush? I would never insult you in that way.lol
Old 12-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #169
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
George Bush? I would never insult you in that way.lol
Thanks I was starting to feel the pressure!! LOL

So far from this board, of all the talking, ranting and raving, 3 confirms.
Huero, Kabwe, and me Vdog. Do I need to go back to the first page of this post and start sending out emails?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #170
Sinister
Between Trucks...

Count me in as a maybe. Sorry I can't be more definite, my schedule is kinda crazy sometimes...
Old 12-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #171
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
Count me in as a maybe. Sorry I can't be more definite, my schedule is kinda crazy sometimes...
Bro thats good enough. If not this one then maybe the next. thanks for responding.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #172
hdflstf

I'm still a maybe too. Mostly about if I'm driving the 72 or the SSR.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #173
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdflstf View Post
I'm still a maybe too. Mostly about if I'm driving the 72 or the SSR.
You can come in a Yugo with a 350 for a motor, as long as you show up.
This is more of a meet and greet, not really inportant to drive your truck the first time. Some of our trucks are not road worthy yet.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #174
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
You can come in a Yugo with a 350 for a motor, as long as you show up.
This is more of a meet and greet, not really inportant to drive your truck the first time. Some of our trucks are not road worthy yet.
Road worthy truck? whats that. Just take a look at my cardomain site and I show you road worthy.lol Man my truck will not be ready until 2015 at the rate I'm going. I just keep making changes.lol
Old 12-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #175
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

So whats the count now on who will be there?