The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

72 cheyenne lwb project

been thinking about selling the 72 begin rebuilding after the wreck4yrs ago i havent work on it in 2 yrs.
wondering what it be worth
72 lwb cheyenne[dechromed] factory big block truck.
no motor/trans.it was wrecked 4yrs ago the frame was bent bad they wouldnt total it cause i had classic ins and they would hah to pay out to much.i had another 72 lwb leaf spring frame i had frame sandblasted and primed and painted with krlylon rust spraypaint.didnt rebuild front end to every thing being tight and i drove this a long time and the front was tight ps.had heavy rear spring option so i took out 2 leaves and put 2in drop shackels the front coils were cut.everything on the front brakes is new rtrs/pads/bearings all new brake line.72 bb mounts.3:42 govt lock rear.chrome wheels need cleaning and tires.the cab has been painted underit with por15 and mounted on frame the drip rails have slight damage from cab swap there is a rust hole in firewall the size of a dime we missed it when body work was doneits had rockers and cab mounts replaced all the door stuff is on it new rubber everywhere sliding glass.the bed is deccent but has a good size dent and aftermarket gate wo letters.have 2 good fenders. have 2 new inner fenders rad support batt box all after market goodmark the new stuff has slight surface rust from sitting.outergrille might be fixable inner grille had 1 peice broke out new bowtie.no bumpers.no tank/rear lights or harness/column.have new engine harness and nice under dash harness.has good brake booster just need rod.the interior is out and put up but it was 3 months old when wrecked.these are old pics the frame may need re painted due to sitting so long and my dad keeps sitting stuff on it.
just wondering what this might be worth.i have both titles and both vin plates in my name
Attached Images

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:02 AM   #2
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

Re: 72 cheyenne lwb project

here is more what it looked like before its in pieces now the cab is mounted
Attached Images

71 k20 sons

bassett va