The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
71RULES!
Short Step 4X4 Cheyenne Club

bagged frame and wheels

Hi all,
My next door neighbor has a Chevy SWB rolling chassis that is bagged with tubular a-arms up front, and 2-link (ladder) with panhard bar in back with notched and boxed frame. He said it's an 80 something.

He also has some wheels and tires, they are Eagle Alow Wheels, Falken tires P275/50R17 which look almost new to my eye.

He wants to get rid of this stuff to clear up some space for his projects and get some cash to spend on his Chevy powered CJ and his Son's 4x4 Chevy truck project. Wants to list the stuff on Craig's list, and asked me what I thought it was worth. Since I didn't know, I offered to post on here for him and ask you folks. Please offer some suggestions for selling prices.

I'm going to forward him a link to this post and I'll bet you he joins up.

Thanks in advance and we welcome all comments and price suggestions.
Pictures included. Ask any questions and I'll find out for you. I can take more pictures of you need to see something closer.
Attached Images

Last edited by 71RULES!; 08-23-2008 at 01:46 AM. Reason: spelling correction
71RULES! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #2
71RULES!
Short Step 4X4 Cheyenne Club

Re: bagged frame and wheels

He wanted to get around $550-600 for the wheels and tires, and was hoping for a grand for the rolling chassis. Does that seem rreasonable to ask for?
71RULES! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
BarryB

The frame, he probably make out better if he sold the parts. Not everybody likes to buy stuff that has already been cut and welded on and it would have to be somebody that has the same idea for their truck as he did. The wheels,I'd say that's a good price. I would like to have those, but shipping would be outrageous.So that kills that idea for me.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Sinisterspeed

again, I would think this is worth more as parts then all together. However if it were me I would post it FS as a complete package then add that it is FS complete or will part out for the right price. See what happens with that. As far as the prices, They seem fair but not such a screaming deal that you will have anyone beating down your door unless they have been looking for exactly what he has.

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote