The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
DustinU

1969 Blazer...To be my daily driver

I have been reading many of the VERY informative threads here for a couple months now before finally picking up my new addition last Saturday, a 1969 Blazer. I flew to Phoenix, transferred title and drove here home about 400 miles. Lost about a quart of oil from the valve covers, well just took it out of the engine and spread it across the under carriage, tail gate and hatch. I did the compression test today to find she is pretty tired, varible compression through out with two cylinders pretty low. I squirted a little oil in the cylinder to see if it helped bring up the compression, it didn't so I may just try a valve job on the heads first.
Any way here is how I got her...
4" Lift (block rear) and 33" BFG Mud Terrains
350/350 Np205 with 12 bolt and 3:73 gears
The rear seat is out of my brothers Jimmy (beonkey), this one came with a descent condition original CST bench he is testing to see if he wants it.

DustinU is offline   Reply With Quote