The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2021, 10:17 PM   #1
MDFarms

Rear mounted stainless tank question?

Doe's anyone know who makes a fuel line kit to go from engine back to a Boyd's aluminum fuel tank with the 340 Stealth fuel pump? Any pictures or options? My truck came with a brand new from GM 350TBI Engine and I decided to run with it rather than moving things for a LS and proper 4x4 shifter location. The plan is to use all SS Brake lines from INLINE Tube so fuel line In SS would be great as well.

Last edited by MDFarms; 12-19-2021 at 11:04 PM.
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:29 PM   #2
AllGoNoShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFarms View Post
Doe's anyone know who makes a fuel line kit to go from engine back to a Boyd's Stainless fuel tank with the 340 Stealth fuel pump? Any pictures or options? My truck came with a brand new from GM 350TBI Engine and I decided to run with it rather than moving things for a LS and proper 4x4 shifter location. The plan is to use all SS Brake lines from INLINE Tube so fuel line In SS would be great as well.
I doubt anyone makes a true bolt fuel line kit considering nothing is stock in that configuration. I have that tank (it’s aluminum, not stainless steel FYI) and looked at the options. Originally wanted to go stainless hardline and it’s doable to make yourself in 3/8 (buy the expensive Rigid 37 degree flare tool), but I want 1/2 and it sounded like that would have been very difficult to flare and bend from everything I read.

I ended up going with Fragola stainless steel braided PTFE fuel hose I put together myself (it has a black plastic coating so the braid doesn’t rub against anything). First time putting fuel lines together like this and was apprehension initially doing it but took my time and it all turned out great and no leaks…super clean look in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:07 PM   #3
MDFarms

Re: Rear mounted stainless tank question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGoNoShow View Post
I doubt anyone makes a true bolt fuel line kit considering nothing is stock in that configuration. I have that tank (it’s aluminum, not stainless steel FYI) and looked at the options. Originally wanted to go stainless hardline and it’s doable to make yourself in 3/8 (buy the expensive Rigid 37 degree flare tool), but I want 1/2 and it sounded like that would have been very difficult to flare and bend from everything I read.

I ended up going with Fragola stainless steel braided PTFE fuel hose I put together myself (it has a black plastic coating so the braid doesn’t rub against anything). First time putting fuel lines together like this and was apprehension initially doing it but took my time and it all turned out great and no leaks…super clean look in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry I mispoke on the SS tank, apparently had SS lines on the mind. Yours looks great and I feel would be a nice option. Did you happen to keep receipts? I mean how much easier could it get if you had a material list!

Thanks for the reply!!
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 12:42 AM   #4
pjmoreland

sstubes.com sells pre-bent fuel line kits for 2WD 67-72 Chevy trucks. They don't appear to list anything for a K10 though. I just installed a set of their lines (supply and return) in my 2WD shortbed truck, and they fit well. The ends are flared for quick-disconnect fittings, so it requires the use of flexible line for the last foot or so at each end.
Attached Images

pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:36 AM   #5
67C10Step

^^^What pj said.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:41 AM   #6
pjmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
^^^What pj said.
And I got the idea from 67C10Step
Old 12-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #7
AllGoNoShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFarms View Post
Sorry I mispoke on the SS tank, apparently had SS lines on the mind. Yours looks great and I feel would be a nice option. Did you happen to keep receipts? I mean how much easier could it get if you had a material list!

Thanks for the reply!!
Well I stand corrected on the pre-made lines as stated above. Honestly, I bet that is a cheaper route as Fragola Stuff ain’t cheap (I bought it all from Motionworks during a black Friday deal but the fittings are all like $20 a pop). My install was all pretty basic-fittings were Fragola Real Street ends -just a collection of straight fittings and a couple 90s and 45s. Stuck the regulator on a bracket I made that sits inside the frame rail out of view and mounts on the back of the idler arm bolts (picture below). I didn’t want my fuel system to be a limiting factor when I decide to put in a new motor- with the 8AN feed and fuel pump in that tank I should be good for 800hp+.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Last edited by AllGoNoShow; 12-20-2021 at 10:37 PM.
AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 04:14 PM   #8
pjmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGoNoShow View Post
Well I stand corrected on the pre-made lines as stated above. Honestly, I bet that is a cheaper route as Fragola Stuff ain’t cheap (I bought it all from Motionworks during a black Friday deal but the fittings are all like $20 a pop). My install was all pretty basic-fittings were Fragola Real Street ends -just a collection of straight fittings and a couple 90s and 45s. Stuck the regulator on a bracket I made that sits inside the fuel rail out of view and mounts on the back of the idler arm bolts (picture below). I didn’t want my fuel system to be a limiting factor when I decide to put in a new motor- with the 8AN feed and fuel pump in that tank I should be good for 800hp+.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your method of running AN hose all the way from front to back is more straightforward and uses fewer fittings than the pre-bent lines I used. I believe I have twice as many fittings since I had to go from hard lines to hoses at both ends.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:59 PM   #9
C101972

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
Your method of running AN hose all the way from front to back is more straightforward and uses fewer fittings than the pre-bent lines I used. I believe I have twice as many fittings since I had to go from hard lines to hoses at both ends.
I also used the Boyd fuel tank, I used 3/8 copper send & return fuel lines. Easy to bend and flare. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

C101972 is offline   Reply With Quote