The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2017, 09:29 PM   #1
Bobby Pootz

Alarms Advice for a 3rd Gen C10

Looking for alarm advice for my 1984 C10. It has power doors and windows and since it's just two doors, I figure I just need a bare bones alarm system. Basically looking for decent protection and getting keyless entry while I'm at it.

Thanks in advance!

Rob
Bobby Pootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #2
Cooper197

Re: Alarms Advice for a 3rd Gen C10

Viper, Python, and Clifford are all owned/manufactured by Directed Electronics. I've used a few of them in the past and always been pretty happy.

The wiring can seem overwhelming, but just get out some paper before hand and read through the instructions and try to match the wire from the alarm to where it's going on your truck on the sheet of paper. If you get that all figured out well, you'll have no trouble installing it using your sheet of paper as your installation manual. For the most part in just getting keyless, it's power, ground, lock +, lock -, and door input (+ or -). Then you can start adding extras, horn/siren, parking lights, ignition cutoff, dome light and any additional alarm sensors you want to add. Don't forget the hood switch as well.

All in all, it's fairly easy to do, just be patient, solder all the wiring if you can, and be sure to double check all connections and wiring as you go.
Cooper197 is offline   Reply With Quote