The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
cab_01

Question List of good repop parts and where you bought them.

Just thought I would try to get a list of the good and bad parts people have bought and where they bought them. I have only bought a few door parts but will be buying a bunch of stuff in the next few months, so i could use this list to help me decide who and what to buy.

I could not tell the difference between these parts and OEM.
I bought,
Internal door hardware from Truckers
Window regulators
Door control
Striker Plates

Classic Parts
Door stop brackets

Last edited by N2TRUX; 10-21-2013 at 09:39 AM.
cab_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
jayoldschool

Re: List of good repop parts and where you bought them.

Fleetside front bed panel, wheeltubs, from Top Banana

I'll add more as the parts get installed.
jayoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
da_bears_da1

I have bought from Classic Parts, LMC and Classic Industries. The first point to make is that almost all of the repop vendors get their parts from 2-4 manufacturers in Taiwan. They really are the ones we should be reviewing but it is harder to track those companies. One other point for those using repop patch parts, use as little as possible of the patch and keep as much of your truck as you can. It really is common sense in hind sight; smaller patches are easier than big ones. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.

My experience so far:

From Classic Parts:
floor panels, inner rockers, outer rockers and cab corners - Outside of the cab corners, these parts were BAD. The floor panels did not come close to lining up with the stamping contours in the floor. We had to the inner and outer rockers to get them to work. The drivers side inner rocker was 1.5 inches shorter on the front than that back. We had to patch the entire new repop part to get it to line up. The driver's side rocker was not usable. Cab corners worked out fine.

LMC - radiator support and door latches. Both seem fine.

Classic Industries - front fenders, inner fenders and grill support There were some alignment issues with the front and inner fenders to the radiator support. It took a lot of shoving, and alignment tools get them to line up but it did work. I did have to put filler on the parts right out of the box. Their spot welding sucks plus where the supports are welded in there is some distortion.

Based on my experience I would rate them as Classic Industries first, LMC second and Classic Parts a distant 3rd. My issue with Classic Parts really relates to their shipping and returns policy. I thought I was being smart and ordered over $2K worth of parts to save on shipping which I did save about $120. The problem is that you only have 30 days to return anything. Since I had to replace the floor in the cab first, it was over 30 days before I got to the rockers. Their driver's side rocker was unusable. It was almost 1 inch short. Given the return policy, I have a rocker that will be trashed.

Time to quit my ramble. Hope this helps.

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
Vernski

Let's just say allot of the stuff here from various vendors come from 4-5 suppliers across the pacific ocean. They have no real idea what goes where on one of our trucks, everything is left up to miss-interpretation miss-understanding of the english language but it's cheap. I would just go out and buy a parts cab or whole truck and you would have all the OEM parts you will need and they will fit. Hopefully the parts that you need are still good on the parts cab. Go to this link it will answer allot more questions than I can.Vernski
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=238
Vernski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
jayoldschool

To keep this thread effective, it should deal with specific parts, and their sources. We already have a vendor review section.
jayoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote