The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
bigmoe

I.D. this gas pedal?

Can anyone identify this pedal to ease my mind. I got my 08 Tahoe 5.3 LMG and wiring harness from a guy who works in the salvage division of a government insurance company. He saw the Tahoe LTZ71 only had 43000 miles on it and had his guys pull the motor for his own project. He ended up selling it to me because a Camaro came along. It came with the pedal and about 3ft of the wires. I pulled an 08 Silverado pedal from the wreckers when I got more of the wiring harness and it doesn't look like this one at all. The Silverado one is all plastic and curvy. I contacted the guy who I got the motor from and he is "pretty sure" the pedal came from the donor but not positive. Maybe the Tahoe had adjustable pedals?
Attached Images

bigmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
jnickell41

Re: I.D. this gas pedal?

Looks very similar to the Trailblazer SS pedal, but not sure it's exact.
Attached Images

jnickell41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:11 PM   #3
bigmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnickell41 View Post
Looks very similar to the Trailblazer SS pedal, but not sure it's exact.
The body looks the same.
I saw an Cadillac CTSV pedal that also had the same body but the pedal was different.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:03 PM   #4
bigmoe

The only identical pedal I have seen on line is ACDelco 22706224 for:
07-08 G5, Pursuit
06-08 Cobalt
06-07 Ion
Old 11-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
dayj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
The only identical pedal I have seen on line is ACDelco 22706224 for:
07-08 G5, Pursuit
06-08 Cobalt
06-07 Ion
I've seen that pedal with some of the "connect and cruise" GM kits. I'm pretty sure that it'll work with your gen 4 ECM with one minor change. To use a car pedal with a truck ECM and harness, you have to swap two wires going to the pedal (pins "d" and "f"). If you're running an aftermarket harness, the wires may already be set up for a car pedal. In either case, it won't hurt anything to try it with the wires reversed. It will just throw a code and the go into reduced power mode.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:51 AM   #6
bigmoe

Okay I'll give it a try before changing those wires.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #7
bigmoe

I was recently on Zero Gravity Performances website and they show Pontiac G8 gas pedals as a swap option.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:14 PM   #8
bigmoe

So the big day happened today and I got my 5.3 started for the first time. It started and ran great. Even though I've mounted the pedal that I pictured in post 1 I didn't use it for start up. I think it's a car pedal. For a sure thing I had a Silverado pedal on hand and fastened it to a piece of plywood to use. It worked perfectly. I started it again with the other pedal. It started but there was no pedal response. So I understand I need to swap pins D and F on the plug. Looking for advice on how to get the plug apart and release the pins.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #9
dayj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
So the big day happened today and I got my 5.3 started for the first time. It started and ran great. Even though I've mounted the pedal that I pictured in post 1 I didn't use it for start up. I think it's a car pedal. For a sure thing I had a Silverado pedal on hand and fastened it to a piece of plywood to use. It worked perfectly. I started it again with the other pedal. It started but there was no pedal response. So I understand I need to swap pins D and F on the plug. Looking for advice on how to get the plug apart and release the pins.
This is much harder to explain than it is to do. You’ll need a small pick tool or possibly a very small flat blade screwdriver. If you look inside the plug on the harness, it will have a colored piece of plastic in it. I think it’s purple in that connector. Use the pick or screwdriver to pry the purple piece out of the connector. There are small notches in the plastic piece where you can pry. You’ll also need to remove the retainer on the back side of the connector. It just spreads outwards off small teeth on the connector body. Now look inside the connector again and you should see little plastic fingers holding the terminals in place. Gently pry them back with your pick and you can pull the connectors out of the back side of the housing. The terminals then slide back into the housing and click in place. Then snap the retainers back in place to finish up.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #10
bigmoe

I got the D and F pins swapped to convert my truck harness to a car pedal. The pedal now works as it should. I took some pictures. I had a dental tool that I got years ago to pick bearing seals and it worked very well. I removed the grey wire guide by releasing clips on the ends. The purple piece comes out by releasing clips on the ends. The seal comes out by picking it with the tool. The two wires come out by releasing their tabs while pulling the wire. They just slide back in being sure to keep the same way up so they latch in.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigmoe; 02-09-2020 at 04:47 PM. Reason: add more
Old 02-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #11
bigmoe

The dental tool.
Attached Images