The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2020, 09:56 PM   #76
WorkinLonghorn

Re: Accident on freeway, GMC finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Well good. So are you able to drive it any? I bet that hood flutters in the wind a bit. You're doing great and for not much money too.
Thanks, Actually that hood has the anchor pin and I used my old latch device so it's good. I keep it chained anyway to prevent battery theft. I just finished yesterday and today I took all the scrap in to the recycler . Runs great, in fact it seems even more eager to please, much more power. Weird. -BA
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:56 PM   #77
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Yeah, it's almost finished- back to being a driver! Good on you for being able to fix it back up!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:04 PM   #78
WorkinLonghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Looking good and glad you saved it.

The one thing that I find really refreshing on this site is the number of guys that aren't dropping $50K+ in builds. Many, like me, dropping a few thousand to get a decent truck running and on the street.

Don't get me wrong, I love the other stuff too. I covet many a truck on here for the time and money their owners have put into them. I just am glad to be in like company for the time being. I'll drive mine rough on the outside but shiny underneath until I get time and $$ to make it look better. Probably never great, but better.
Same boat here. Some day! For now this is my money maker and it sees rough action and huge loads, off-road, street parking (probably the most damage) Etc. If I ever have to retire, then I will treat this truck to the niceties it richly deserves.

Sometimes I am ashamed to post on here when I see the excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail in some threads.

Some day! -BA
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:10 PM   #79
WorkinLonghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Yeah, it's almost finished- back to being a driver! Good on you for being able to fix it back up!
Thanks Steeveedee, It wasn't so bad with my new Makita. I don't know why it took me all these years to finally pull the trigger on buying one. Anyway the neighbors can rest easy now about their property values, somewhat. -BA
Old 08-12-2020, 10:25 PM   #80
gmc684x4

We all have different taste and back grounds and most of us do not start arguments on here overall get along giving and taking our differing opinions
Some of the builds are phenomenal and others have there truck in daily work truck

My trucks still sport mostly original to rough paint

Some of it hits economics time and skill levels

Overall i will say this group helps us all learn more about our favorite trucks
gmc684x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:29 PM   #81
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn View Post
Thanks Steeveedee, It wasn't so bad with my new Makita. I don't know why it took me all these years to finally pull the trigger on buying one. Anyway the neighbors can rest easy now about their property values, somewhat. -BA
Nobody ever complained around here when I was doing engine changes in the street. The only time the police stopped by when I was working on one of those was when the officer wanted to sell me some parts!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote