The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2014, 02:50 AM   #16
1leglance

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

So there are many elements of this build that involved me telling Nick "good enough" and him having to grumble something along the lines of "it's not my truck"
Not that I don't think everything he has done has been beyond what I would do....it just isn't all up to HIS norms
I will say I am very happy with my huge AC condensor, big ol' trans cooler and even a power steering cooler he crammed in front of my core support.
It did require a bit of custom work to the hood latch and a bit of hammer work on the core support.

These same 2 fans have been doing an amazing job on my lowered 72 C-10 during a blazing summer, running full AC and sitting in killer traffic.
They should be good for slow crawling on summer trail runs where you can generate some serious engine/trans temps.

Now there were some parts of this project Nick didn't want ANY part of...and my new dual spotlights highlight the fun I got to have. I am pretty sure Nick banged his head on the inside handles enough to want to rip them off my rig. But I sure love'em.
And cool thing is Unity still makes everything you could want, including some seriously bright replacement bulbs I can't wait to play with.
I have a pair of vintage correct lights but these more modern ones were in much better shape so in they went.
And I will admit drilling the holes in freshly painted A pillars was one of the hardest things I have done on this rig
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote