The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #101
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: HeavyMetalChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalChevy View Post
There are no charges to be filed WHATSOEVER IN THE FIRST PLACE. Nice to see your malicious attempt to try to ruin someone over NOTHING you are involved with or something as simple as shipping delays...whether they are substantial or outrageous in nature. I have not stolen from anyone...nor have I ripped anyone off. All parts will be provided and orders fulfilled. NUFF" SAID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I am going to put this simply. We are not going to argue with you. Nor will we be dragged into a pissing match. Please fix your open orders.. nothing more, nothing less. The staff will not put up with this much longer.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #102
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
This is all comical to me. Nonetheless, I take all the complaints and comments seriously.. Also I am not digging anywhere deeper nor arguing. Just stating my case which is justifiable seeing how this thread is in regards to me. And I am quoting everyone not to be smart or stir the pot but rather that I am acknowledging each and everyone directly. Thanks
Quote:
I am going to put this simply. We are not going to argue with you. Nor will we be dragged into a pissing match. Please fix your open orders.. nothing more, nothing less. The staff will not put up with this much longer.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #103
HeavyMetalChevy
Just a Member

Ok...since I am not allowed to openly communicate on a thread that was specifically dedicated towards me.... I am off here... my email is remimartin257@aol.com. I will communicate directly from there since I have no voice in this matter. Thanks again
GM ZZ4 Hot Cam 1.5 roller rockers.375hp Aluminum
TH400(3rd)
71 SWB frame off with 68 body. POSI

PayPal: remimartin257@aol.com
Business Inquires: 812 801 5111
"Help me, help you" that's my motto

Members met... BuildinA68, jessewebb, daddymoo2, 70STOVEBOLT, irishfan77, feller, fine69, chevytruckguy70, jamie72, Nohatch, 2112, drtydog
HeavyMetalChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #104
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

You can post and update the open orders. Arguing with everyone will not be put up with.. you have had time to give your side. Just make right on what is owed and move along. Taking your ball and leaving just proves the point.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #105
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
member kingsolver72...$85 shipped purchase towards a nice set of black retracts and female counterparts. shipping Monday, Sept 10th, 2012

member 1stchevy...$31 shipped on superb 69-70 turn signal housings, pigtails, and lens cover... shipping Monday, Sept 10th, 2012

member PICKMUP... $25 shipping on set of Blazer bucket brackets I purchased and had him send to Jonathan... Money Order going out Monday, Sept 10th, 2012
Quote:
Your seats....and passenger side stationary truck brackets will be hitting the mail next week as well Jonathan... I did not anticipate paying $1500 in medical bills in one week. Also in collections at the time.
so that you do not have to dig back to see your list..
Old 09-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #106
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The list of folks owed, that I see in this thread. I may have missed some as it is a complete mess now due to the ramblings...

Please update the status on each member deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
That's terrible. Sorry to hear, Randy. About a year ago, I purchased a cowl cover from him. When it arrived, it was bent pretty bad. I refused delivery and had it sent back to him. No hard feelings. When he got it back, he said it wasn't bent? Maybe it wasn't, maybe it was. I believed him and thought it was an optical illusion. After getting to know him better from here, I'm thinking it was BS. I was understanding and asked for partial refund for his troubles or reship the cowl. He answered every 3 PMs I sent asking for a status. He kept on giving me the run around. Fast foward, it was never re-shipped nor did I get any of my money back.

Randy, I sure hope your issue gets resolved. I always thought he was a BSer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
I bought what was supposed to be 4 or 5 matched pairs of black center seat belts from Duane for $103 a few months ago. After getting 10 or 12 of the buckle ends only I contacted him and he said he'd send me one black and three other color male ends. I sent him $6 to cover shipping and have heard nothing back in over a month. At least it was only $6, but I'm kinds stuck with half sets of belts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Waiting for bucket seats and an alternator bracket. He thankfully got brackets to me which I needed b
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrett71 View Post
I paid $15.00 for an alternator bracket on August 2nd. PM'd Duane a couple times and he stated his father was having problems. PM'd him a couple more times and no response. I sent an email to the address in his profile and no response. Opened up a Paypal dispute. It is only $15.00 but I needed that bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint70step View Post
I hope I get my grille from him.I have sent all the money,just waiting now.Crossing my fingers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972BackInBlackC10 View Post
i hate to be here but i havent heard from him since his post about bowing out, i purchased a set of door panels and set of complete lower trim for a short box, i gave him the option in his thread to either refund my money or send the parts whatever was easiest for him i even sent him a pm in case he didnt see it in the thread and i have not heard from him or recieved anything since even though i have seen him on here since

its been at least a month now and i could have used that money over 200 dollars to send to someone else on here i owe money to for parts but i trusted im, i dont normally talk about my health or financial issues to alot of people but i have a disability 200 bucks isnt alot of money but to me it is i bust my hump to make my money and it isnt easy due to my disability sorry i dont mean to rant and not sure where i was going with that, im just not sure what do anymore part of me wants to file a claim with paypal and part of me wishes i could trust him to do the right thing but from reading here i dont know if thats going to happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by towbar View Post
I'm a new member on the board have bought some items from other board members and have had very good results from everyone.....except HMC!!! I bought some trim and a tach dash from Duane a few months ago....got the run around from him for a few weeks on shipping. After about 3 weeks of excuses I got frustrated and called him out on it, he pointed me to the buyer and sellers code of ethics thread (seriously)and advised me read it?? He indicated that it allowed adequate time for shipment and that I had not allowed enough time for him to ship. Obviously adequate time is more than 3 weeks?? Actually the code of ethics doesn't mention anything for adequate time for shipment.....only payment....but its understood I know! My wife I have sold many items on eBay and we always ship within 3 days after payment is received. Personally I think that 3 days to 1 week is more than enough time for shipment!! Anyway, Duane assured me it was because of the situation with his dad and was doing the best he could.....so maybe I'm gullible but to me he was and believable so I gave him the benefit of the doubt since I did get my parts, and they were pretty much as he had described and I was pleased with them.

Everyone deserves a second chance so being the guy I am, I then purchased a 71-72 grill shell from him for $125, and he said it would be shipped the next day.....that was about 3 weeks ago and still no grill shell, no refund, no communication...no nothing. Shame on me for believing in someone and giving them an opportunity to redeem themselves!!

Thats not to mention Randy, whom started this thread.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #107
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
I am not arguing...you thinking so just shows your intelligence, I am merely responding to members comments. If I can not practice free speech on a "privately" owned site then so be it. All I see any of you as are a bunch of bullies...Nothing of what you say rings any truth and that is why it does not bother me at all. On another note though...when you test my intelligence I tend to get to get a little pissed. So here it is... Sorry about your children disabilities LIZ...yes I DO KNOW and am truly empathetic towards your situation and I would think you would be able to relate... WRONG AGAIN. I have sold more parts... more than others would believe and I will have no problem making my own site since I am a web publisher myself...I became part of this site to have a sense of community and fair representation.

Like whatever admin said. "enough with the threats" I am sure you have had that enough.. It seems there are many so drunk on power here that just because someone does not completely conform that they will be bashed and frowned upon for defending themselves. I have not argued whatsoever and there is also a difference between argument and contradiction. I have done neither esp. when regarding admins or mods. It is ok for some members to do so though and happened numerous times in regards to my threads and people bashing my prices or parts which is supposedly strictly prohibited per forum guidelines.

So if you want to ban me....ok then...but I will get my dues back...and I also know more about the site world then I made clear...I co-own a site my self along with others that rank higher than this one both worldwide and the US. I understand your policies and procedures far greater than most and I have tried to show the utmost respect. I have gotten none in return besides a little leniency concerning my RECENT shipping mishaps...

Slandering my business, practices, and character, is a low blow no matter how you look at it. To all the members that still respect me and understand I truly thank you and remain committed 110%. You all have my info and once I am ridden of this site....YIPPER YAPPERS and such will cease. PTFO!!

dude really? you know the saying crack is bad right? Now please get back to the subject at hand... if you forgot.. it is whom you owe parts and or money to and what you are doing to rectify that before it gets taken further. I would hate to see the law being brought into this when you have the ability to take care of it on your own.

If you want, you can pm me about these disabilities you know of. I would love to be let in on this.. perhaps they should be getting disability checks that I am unaware of and they are entitled to. If I tell SSI that you KNOW they have them, I am sure they will believe you?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #108
HeavyMetalChevy
Just a Member

Quote:
The list of folks owed, that I see in this thread. I may have missed some as it is a complete mess now due to the ramblings...

EXACTLY what I am talking about...Just because Randy has such a high and mighty reputation....He does no wrong.. Favoritism and bias at its best!!!! He costed himself that money.....He did not provide the correct BOL and actually HAND WROTE ONE....after I sent him the one to use along with the packing list.... You people are something else.... How is that screwing him over??? I am supposed to pay for another man's mistake...If that is the case I guess that is why we pay this site.... Truly last comment GTFOH!!!!

EXACTLY what I am talking about...Just because Randy has such a high and mighty reputation....He does no wrong.. Favoritism and bias at its best!!!! He costed himself that money.....He did not provide the correct BOL and actually HAND WROTE ONE....after I sent him the one to use along with the packing list.... You people are something else.... How is that screwing him over??? I am supposed to pay for another man's mistake...If that is the case I guess that is why we pay this site.... Truly last comment GTFOH!!!!
TH400(3rd)

Members met... BuildinA68, jessewebb, daddymoo2, 70STOVEBOLT, irishfan77, feller, fine69, chevytruckguy70, jamie72, Nohatch, 2112, drtydog
Old 09-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #109
shawno72
C/10 junkie

Quote:
well here is a perfect example of how petty these "hate mails" can make **** and blow it out of proportion.. people buy into the hype and this was you previous comment:

"Another reason to pay the paypal fees. I had to bother him until I got my refund and he made a comment that it was like I was ripping him off because of it. That is when I stopped dealing with him.

A little obscured form what you just stated.. No hard feelings but feel relived everyone that this is the last post from "the crook" have a good one...
I don't hate you Duane. And I'm not into hate mail. Neve called you a "crook" but could tell that you were not real fast at dealing with the situation and I understand that you have more important things going on in your life. Not name calling or anything else but I just prefer to deal with someone who get the job done now and not later. I'm impatient, that's not your fault. Good luck Duane, I pray you and your father are ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold

http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #110
HeavyMetalChevy
Just a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
I don't hate you Duane. And I'm not into hate mail. Neve called you a "crook" but could tell that you were not real fast at dealing with the situation and I understand that you have more important things going on in your life. Not name calling or anything else but I just prefer to deal with someone who get the job done now and not later. I'm impatient, that's not your fault. Good luck Duane, I pray you and your father are ok.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was not saying that Shawn...Thanks again...
TH400(3rd)

Old 09-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #111
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:

psst, you made 1 more comment after this...

Anyway, I meant how you and Randy are handling it. I did not say whom was right or wrong. Ask Randy, he and I have been at odds before over site stuff. Your assumptions are incorrect. Please let us know how you are handling the rest and stop avoiding the issues at hand
Old 09-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #112
HeavyMetalChevy
Just a Member

Quote:
psst, you made 1 more comments after this...

I know...Because it soooo enlightening to have you do the exact thing that you say will not happen on this site....No if, and, buts, but PERIOD.. lol obviously I am worth keeping on this board... Thank you guys. I feel I could be agreat asset on the team as well.

Anyway, I meant how you and Randy are handling it. I did not say whom was right or wrong. Ask Randy, he and I have been at odds before over site stuff. Your assumptions are incorrect. Please let us know how you are handling the rest and stop avoiding the issues at hand
I am not avoiding the issues Liz...Gosh you are tough cookie. I am confronting the issues by speaking with everyone from a one on one standpoint. Otherwise referred to as arguing. Like I mentioned waaaay earlier....There is a difference between reasons and excuses,,,,most get them twisted....I don't I have reasons for my delays....not lame excuses and I am handling business and taking care of these situations. So can we please stop debating and let me do exactly that. No threats, crack comments, and such. lol For the record...I do not smoke crack...I sell it and just like my parts...my product sell themselves... If I was shady as people portray or I seem.... How have I had so much success on this site, outside of it, and so forth. A salesman is only as good as his product....I would not have numerous repeat customers and people who still drive from states away to get my parts if I was so unreliable and "cracked out" lmao
TH400(3rd)

Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #113
Flint70step

Quote:
Your grille is totally legit buddy... I would have never excepted the final payment if not...If you are not happy with it...Destroy it...send me pics of it...And I will reimburse all your money plus 10%
I have no beef with you man.You were nice enough to let me pay it in payments.Only reason I posted feelings of concern is the thread we're on nowI want that grille on my truck,not to destroy it.No ill will here.Have a good weekend or try anyway

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #114
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

the inane ramblings are burring the questions at hand. SO here is the list of folks I posted above. You did mention some, some you overlooked. I am sure they would like answers, and that is all we ask at this time. Not that hard a concept.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
That's terrible. Sorry to hear, Randy. About a year ago, I purchased a cowl cover from him. When it arrived, it was bent pretty bad. I refused delivery and had it sent back to him. No hard feelings. When he got it back, he said it wasn't bent? Maybe it wasn't, maybe it was. I believed him and thought it was an optical illusion. After getting to know him better from here, I'm thinking it was BS. I was understanding and asked for partial refund for his troubles or reship the cowl. He answered every 3 PMs I sent asking for a status. He kept on giving me the run around. Fast foward, it was never re-shipped nor did I get any of my money back.

Randy, I sure hope your issue gets resolved. I always thought he was a BSer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
I bought what was supposed to be 4 or 5 matched pairs of black center seat belts from Duane for $103 a few months ago. After getting 10 or 12 of the buckle ends only I contacted him and he said he'd send me one black and three other color male ends. I sent him $6 to cover shipping and have heard nothing back in over a month. At least it was only $6, but I'm kinds stuck with half sets of belts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Waiting for bucket seats and an alternator bracket. He thankfully got brackets to me which I needed b
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrett71 View Post
I paid $15.00 for an alternator bracket on August 2nd. PM'd Duane a couple times and he stated his father was having problems. PM'd him a couple more times and no response. I sent an email to the address in his profile and no response. Opened up a Paypal dispute. It is only $15.00 but I needed that bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint70step View Post
I hope I get my grille from him.I have sent all the money,just waiting now.Crossing my fingers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972BackInBlackC10 View Post
i hate to be here but i havent heard from him since his post about bowing out, i purchased a set of door panels and set of complete lower trim for a short box, i gave him the option in his thread to either refund my money or send the parts whatever was easiest for him i even sent him a pm in case he didnt see it in the thread and i have not heard from him or recieved anything since even though i have seen him on here since

its been at least a month now and i could have used that money over 200 dollars to send to someone else on here i owe money to for parts but i trusted im, i dont normally talk about my health or financial issues to alot of people but i have a disability 200 bucks isnt alot of money but to me it is i bust my hump to make my money and it isnt easy due to my disability sorry i dont mean to rant and not sure where i was going with that, im just not sure what do anymore part of me wants to file a claim with paypal and part of me wishes i could trust him to do the right thing but from reading here i dont know if thats going to happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by towbar View Post
I'm a new member on the board have bought some items from other board members and have had very good results from everyone.....except HMC!!! I bought some trim and a tach dash from Duane a few months ago....got the run around from him for a few weeks on shipping. After about 3 weeks of excuses I got frustrated and called him out on it, he pointed me to the buyer and sellers code of ethics thread (seriously)and advised me read it?? He indicated that it allowed adequate time for shipment and that I had not allowed enough time for him to ship. Obviously adequate time is more than 3 weeks?? Actually the code of ethics doesn't mention anything for adequate time for shipment.....only payment....but its understood I know! My wife I have sold many items on eBay and we always ship within 3 days after payment is received. Personally I think that 3 days to 1 week is more than enough time for shipment!! Anyway, Duane assured me it was because of the situation with his dad and was doing the best he could.....so maybe I'm gullible but to me he was and believable so I gave him the benefit of the doubt since I did get my parts, and they were pretty much as he had described and I was pleased with them.

Everyone deserves a second chance so being the guy I am, I then purchased a 71-72 grill shell from him for $125, and he said it would be shipped the next day.....that was about 3 weeks ago and still no grill shell, no refund, no communication...no nothing. Shame on me for believing in someone and giving them an opportunity to redeem themselves!!

Old 09-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #115
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

If it is at all possible , I would like to see the rest of this thread reserved for getting for getting HMC's deals fixed .
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #116
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCofield View Post
as they say in the south ...yall catchin on, i tried to warn yall
Nothing like a good "I told you so!" funny thing is, I don't remember getting a pm from you on this subject...
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #117
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Sorry been gone all evening and this morning

Duane, Here is how it went

1) You bought doors, they sat here for 5 months atleast, in April I get PM from you saying they are coming for doors, I give you my full addy and phone number and golf course addy, and you sent me info and I say tell driver to call me when he's on way so I can get everything ready, driver shows up I have your addy written out, I never was called, driver loads doors then asked for BOL and I say I can go home and get it if I have it, never done this before, he said not to worry
2) you get doors
3) couple months later my boss gets phone call from Estes, I return call imediately, talk to Joann and tell her whole deal, and give her all your info
4) she calls back says you won't return anything from her
5) I tell her I will pm you, I pm you and you reply oh its a 3rd party deal and YOU and I mean YOU said you would take care of it
6) month or so later you leave message on my phone about getting our ducks in a row with Estes, so I pm'd you and said would call Estes in morning and did
7) I call Estes and talk to Joann, she says your still not returning her calls or emails but said if I can find BOL she would try to take of it
8) I then Pm'd you and you said in this PM 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
HeavyMetalChevy
Just a Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitup
HI Duane, I talked to Joan this morning she said if we had a BOL from the shipment she would like it emailed to her and she would see what she could do, she said the driver should of never left without the BOL. So anyway you could find the one for it in your pm's or through who you sat up the shipment with? I must of deleted your pm with the BOL on it, I get so many pm's I have to delete some. She said she wasn't getting any replies from you and was getting ready to let the next step of people. Thanks let me know, Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalChevy
Randy,
I am working on getting this bill settled. I suspended my logistics account but I am checking to see if they will include this Estes deal in my previous invoices before paying my final bill. Once again this is why I was very adamant about using the third party Unishippers BOL for shipment which I emailed to you along with the packing slip. It is a $500 plus mishap. My highly discounted rate for the 5 doors was around $115 dollars. That amounts to about an 80A% discount. Since neither of us obviously have accounts through Estes...they are going to charge the applicable amount on class 250 freight at 300lb. shipment.

I will be in touch during the week and find some resolve to the situation.

thanks,

Duane

Yeah I know what you mean about the inbox deal. I have the BOL I just have to look it up. I have not received anything as far as email from Joan and the the last person I soke with when calling in regards to the bill was not very helpful. If you have Joan's number or email contact that would be great. Thanks

Duane

9) notice in last paragraph you said you had BOL just had to look it up
10) I then pm'd you a couple times and asked if you found it but you never replied
11) This past Thurs my boss gets a fax from collection agency
12) I try to call you but messsages were full and also emailed and also pm'd Thurs night, YOU HAVE NEVER replied to any of them, you finally post on this thread Sat evening

So why didn't you get back with me? You say you didn't want to come to this in your quote, what did you think would happen? You said you had BOL, I never backed away from anyone on this deal, I kept pm'ing you and calling Estes back from the start of it. I've never shipped anything like this before did not understand the BOL thing, you said you would take care of it, I had it worked out with Joann if you found BOL it might of got taken care of. You never got with her or me after I told you this
ALL YOU HAD TO DO is get the BOL for Joann and me and this would of been taken care of. So you ate some of the other shipping money problems in other deals, but didn't even try very hard to get this resolved, why?
I must of made the mistake on not putting BOL on doors, I didn't understand
Driver should of waited for me to go see if I had it
you could of straightened it all out after you got the doors, since you understand the shipping stuff better than me
Then when I kept PM'ing you about Estes and them contacting you, I would think you would of tried to get this resolved WAY before going to Collections
My info is all going to Attorney General in morning, if they say its my responsibility I will pay it, and take it as a lesson learned or if they tell me I need to go after you, Estes or Collection Agency I will do that

I am sorry about your father and hope for the best, I went through the same kind of deal with my dad when I was 18-21 and lost him 3 days after my 21st birthday
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #118
teeitup

Since the BOL was not on the doors, the driver understood it and you did when you got them, since the shipping co and you understand it way better than me, why didn't you try ALOT harder to get it resolved? Especially when you knew they were try to contact you about it, but you wouldn't stay in contact with them. Why didn't you just go get the BOL out of your files like you said you would and get with Estes and get this resolved? You did not reply to my pm's to let me know what was going on with it when I sent them to you. You've got alot on your plate I understand but this should of been taken care of back in April and May, you knew about it then
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
Old 09-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #119
70LonghornCST

Randy, sorry to hear about your "raw deal." I have never had an experience on this site like yours. I feel so bad that you have to experience this...especially such a great member such as yourself. I would consider the likelyhood of a deal like yours on this site an anomaly. I really hope it works out for you in the end.
-Richard
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #120
teeitup

OK I went back through and read some of your quotes Duane
You told Liz you are confronting the issues, you did not confront this issue after the BOL mishap, that is why it has went this far.
It makes me see by you not replying to my messages you must not of replying to Estes shippers
If you were really concerned about it all I would of thought you would of tried to get this resolved from the first time you got contacted by them and me.
1) Oh you said you would the first time I contacted you about, but you didn't
2) then when you said you would look up BOL but you didn't
Now its in Collections and Attorney generals office
It really shouldn't take a thread like this to get you take care of all the other members deals you have on your plate. I think returning everyones mesages would help things stay in touch
Shipping companies won't have to worry about me anymore, I'll stay with Fed Ex and USPS to avoid any of this again
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS

Old 09-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #121
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

I don't know either of you so I won't get into who did what or who's fault it is.

Here is what you can do to help resolve the issue.

The easiest if for the seller to produce a B\L to you . He doesn't have to contact Estes at all. He should already have it. Or he can tell you the company he used to produce the B\L and a document number and you can get it from them. In the event that he doesn't or never did have one contact the collection agency in writing and do this,

1. Deny in writing you own any debt and ask for proof of any B\L, documents showing you signed off on the shipment. They must have your signature on the paperwork. If they don't or can't provide he documents they must remove the account from your report. Tell them that it was a "F.O.B. Origin, freight collect" shipment and you have no responsibility under the US Uniform Commercial Code.

2. Ask for proof they have the authority to collect this debt if it exists.

3. Call Estes and go on record of telling them that the shipment was "F.O.B. Origin, freight collect" and that the driver verbally accepted it as that and told you no B\L was needed. Follow up in writing saying the same thing. Because they accepted it without a B\L they can't prove any different.

4. If Estes doesn't back off then threaten in writing to file a suit for defamation and slander. You do this because they have sent you to collection for a debit you did not create and they have damaged your credit and reputation with your peers and your employer.

In all of your correspondence just put facts, no emotional or spiteful ramblings. Don't put in anything that does not pertain to the shipment only. Just straight facts.

This may not get you off the hook but it will buy you a few months to sort it all out and find out whether you can file a theft charge or fraud charge to get the BOL or the cost of the retail rate and pay the shipper that way. Your local DA's office will be able to tell you which charge needs to be filed. It depends on where you are as to what they will file on.

They may still go after the business at the address it was shipped from so filing charges against the receiver of the goods is necessary.

As long as you did not make any part of the shipping arrangement's and he did all of it then you should be able to get out of this. Estes has to be able to track it back to the originator and get payment from him.

You may need to produce a Sales Invoice that states what was sold and the shipping arrangements of "F.O.B. Origin, freight collect" and the ship to address.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #122
teeitup

Thanks Richard I appreciate it
THANKS Dave, I'll do some more checking with all this. So I need to have Duane FIND the original BOL like he said he would originally or get with whoever he sat up everything up with on the 3rd party. I'm not sure the name of that business but hopefully he will chime in on that. I will call Estes in morning and do what you say. I appreciate your input, its going to help alot.
Thanks Randy
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS

Old 09-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #123
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
We had this discussion and I am sending the male ends... You wnet back to my original post (remember) and realized that I sent you EXACTLY what was specified in title and thread. Upon having so many belts...I said I would send you the male centers free of charge minus 6 dollar shipping.
I sent you $6, where are the 4 belts? You never answered PM or email!
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #124
dohyde34
Account Suspended

This thread is comical and sad. I am sorry you got screwed. But i gotta say it always amazes me people are so trust, both the people who have bought stuff from me or even myself when i buy stuff. I always wondered when i would see someone screw people. O and btw doesnt seem like you helping anyone like your "motto" suggests you do. And threatening people over the computer is chicken sh**
dohyde34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #125
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike71 View Post
Hey Scott, After talking to you today this made me laugh out load.
Yep, Duane knows what I meant by that.
He has my cell number,email,can pm me and has my home address.
Posted via Mobile Device
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote