The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
Augi

Just removed my seat today

It needs reupholstering, it currently has layers of cloth and vinyl on it now, It has the original green cloth and vinyl seat upholstry, the a bed sheet, followed by a "western" seat cover that is tied to the back springs, all layers shredded.

Im removing every layer of everything and recovering it with some saddle blankets I found at a local flea market (I washed the fleas out).

On top of all of that, I need to trace the wire for my fuel gauge and find out why its only reading 1/4 tank. a new sending unit in my future maybe?

Which got me to wondering, has anyone else gotten creative with the original seat? I have seen newer gen seats put into these, but what about the original?

71-Johnny Cash Special Cheyenne, Safety Blue
350-TH350, quadrajet
Augi is offline   Reply With Quote