The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2020, 07:14 PM   #1
painterljp

1975 Seat Conversion questions?

While searching for bucket seats for my 75 camper special. I want bucket seats first off. Instead of bench. I came across brackets from Corbeau. That make it simple I think here are some pictures of what they have for my truck. Anyone use these instead of original ones that are really scarce. . They sent me all specs. To measure existing holes. Havent done that yet. But wondering if anyone here has any experience with these guys? Think they are going to work fine. ?? One is drivers side one is passenger side. They are 125. Per side. Outside holes match (supposedly) with bench seat holes inside holes have to be drilled. The floor in truck is raised.
Attached Images

Last edited by painterljp; 08-04-2020 at 08:40 AM.
painterljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:21 AM   #2
TKCR

Re: 1975 Seat Conversion questions?

http://www.73-87.com/7387garage/inte...ry_buckets.htm

I saw you were asking about the mounting tabs in the parts section. Maybe this link will help you out with some info about adding Bucket Seats. Unfortunately adding buckets can be very expensive. Just finding the seats themselves can be hard, not to mention, everyone wants a fortune for them. And then it’s another fortune to have them repaired & recovered. But hopefully the link will answer some of your questions.
TKCR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
painterljp

I looked at that write up already. I have already gotten most of the brackets with the exception of the welded in ones. I have 2 sets of high back buckets 80's from local salvage yard years ago for 40 bucks. So got those my son has 88 blazer also. Those seats in that are crap also. . Also have two low backs one needs foam from a 73 blazer for 50 bucks. But the low back ones need foam and really aren't very comfortable. Already have 2 cupholder consoles and one seatbelts console. Someone before I bought truck put some fancy seat in it and was ok nice then. Has some fancy bracket modifications bracket in there. It sits to high and needless is ugly seat. I want to finally get MY truck fixed up a little. Spend most of my time helping my son fix his 68, 72, and 71 my daughter fixing hers 64 chevy c10. Now am spending some time fixing mine. The truck runs great and is mostly original. 3/4 ton camper special 454 auto. 2wd. If I'm gonna spend 300-400$ to put a bench back in it might as well spend about same putting buckets which is what I want. My upholstery guy here when I get everything bolted up right he will recover buckets for 350$ I need probably detailed pictures of where brackets go and need the welded in ones so I have everything before I try to swap them. I drive the truck. Am not planning to restore it just drive it like it is. Runs good. So am needing pictures of where all these pieces go. I know passenger seat is stationary. Drivers side tracks are pretty simple except for these welded brackets. Thought they originally went behind seat but maybe cant find them here because they may go under seat? Any info about where they go would be appreciated. The pictures are the blue seats that were attached to frame. The tan seat is what I bolted to the piece of crap weird frame for now. Until I find the other pieces I am missing? Sorry for long write up. But now you can see why I need to do something.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #4
TKCR

I want to say I have seen those listed on EBay, have you looked there? I’ll keep an eye too. If I see some, I post the link here.
Update: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124264305938

Last edited by TKCR; 08-07-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:11 PM   #5
painterljp

Thank you very much. Kinda pricey for what they are but bought them anyways. Thanks again. Guess they go under front not the back where I thought they went. Kinda of looking a wrong end of a horse. LOL. Thanks for your help. Your the man!!!!
Old 08-07-2020, 07:49 PM   #6
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by painterljp View Post
Thank you very much. Kinda pricey for what they are but bought them anyways. Thanks again. Guess they go under front not the back where I thought they went. Kinda of looking a wrong end of a horse. LOL. Thanks for your help. Your the man!!!!
Lol, your welcome