The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Past Contest Winners > Other Contest Archives

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2004, 05:43 PM   #26
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

My POS 67 GMC.Runs when it wants to,clutch is gone,tranny jumps out of 3rd,and well you can see the rest of it.It is a POS,I just have a hard time not buiying these things.Dented on every corner,and holes in the floor.

The pics are worth a 1000 words.
Attached Images

Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:56 PM   #27
BillGent
Pretty But Evil Doggy Woggy.

Hoss

Sorry this is late but I could not get pics together.
Mine is an 81 C10 that I bought 2 1/2 years ago. It has a 305 that runs as long as you have a 50 gallon drum of 10w30 in the bed. Its leaks like a sponge. The truck will drive just fine if you don't go over 2 miles from home then watch out. Truck will die whenever he wants to.. no time is too good for Hoss to decide to do this.
It has the original 305 with a 350 trans (I think its a 350 anyway.)

Brakes hoses are holding on with rust..cant get them off. Has major bed damage from a runaway trailer that rammed it. I have replaced the alternator twice, A/C blower motor twice. A man ran out it front of me a year ago so I had to replace the front clip. the front bumper is the wrong year so there are no front turn signals.
The front headlight bezels are missing giving Hoss that "Goth" look.
The interior is the best part of Hoss.. the dash looks as though rats were living there for quite awhile. the carpet on the drivers side is missing from rotting out because of the leak coming from under the dash during any rain activity. The glovebox is also gone.(well.. its in the floor)
The 007 smoke screen was an option on 81's I believe and Hoss uses it whenever he sees a policeman or somebody driving an electric hybrid. Hoss loves to mess with these types of people to enrage them as much as possible.

Hoss is a mess but one day he hopes to return to his former glory (whatever that was)

The Purple pic is what I want it to look like... someday.....Thanks again to Zumo for the PS
Attached Images

BillGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:09 PM   #28
SanitysBane

if only my truck was more a POS and had doors that didn't match, or tailgate
SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:14 PM   #29
SanitysBane

eh y not? i get told mine is a POS all the time, well the paint is factory 20 year old crap that looks as dull as the rust on the titanic, my driver window regulator is FUBAR we tried to take it out but made it worse, you can only move the window maybe 1/2 inch and thats by grabbing the window and pushing or pulling at it, the carpet has some very funky stains in it, all the interior plastics were spray painted with black spray paint, i have no ac, due to no lines. the truck got backed into soemthing bad and frame is bent, so the cab doesn't line up with the bed. the cab is also bent from me running into a telephone pole. the paint is peeling bad and spray paint is this trucks best friend, the body has soem rust, mainly has little holes in it, it will be beatifull one day money permiting!
Attached Images

SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 03:09 AM   #30
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

ooooo if I could get mine to post i'd win hands down.That and if I didn't miss the deadline
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:40 PM   #31
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am back online and will post the POSoTH voting poll tonight. Sorry bout the delay all ya'll
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:16 PM   #32
rolson1039

didnt know there was a contest but let me add mine
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2004, 05:20 PM   #33
rolson1039

heres more 250 6 cyl no trans no driveshaft no steering column no exhaust but the motor runs like the devil
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2004, 05:55 PM   #34
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

K tis time to vote vote here !!!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote