The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
sfoxwoody

Going to look at a 72 Cheyenne SWB tomorrow

I guess I'm asking for help on general values of these trucks, from the pictures it looks nice, straight body and good paint, running, driving, not molested truck, 350, Auto, AC, PS, PDB. He says the rockers have a little rust and the AC isnt hooked up and needs work, possibly just charging. Here are the cell pics I have, any guestimates?
Attached Images

sfoxwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Going to look at a 72 Cheyenne SWB tomorrow

From those pics it looks pretty solid.To really tell,you'll need a piece of carpet or cardboard,a flashlight,maybe a bussiness card type magnet and some time.Look at cab corners,frame,body mounts and floorboards from underneath.Look at the cab above the windshield,under the battery,and inside the rear fenders.Those are the most common rust areas.You really need to read thru the BB here some to get a better idea of what to watch for.Price is simple,the truck is worth what someone will pay for it.It's really hard to say without looking at the areas mentioned,but if the rest of the truck is as nice as it looks it's probably worth between $2500-4000.I know the steering wheel and air filter aren't stock and the paint and interior look awfully good to be oiginal.I don't consider that "Unmolested" since someone had done stuff to it.I'm not saying that's bad,just misleading.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
thelonerife

Re: Going to look at a 72 Cheyenne SWB tomorrow

It is a non a/c truck. And it has an early intake on it. May be a 327 or 283 motor. Look at the label or spid on the glovebox. At the top it will have the wheel base. Should be 115'' if its an original swb. if its 127'' look at the frame to see if it was cut down. I saw a GMC on ebay that was a swb but the spid said 127''. I asked if it had a cut frame or different frame. The seller was vague on his answer. Don't be in a rush when looking. Take your time. Good Luck!
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote