The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2004, 02:00 AM   #1
Trifelynn

Stock tilt or new tilt?

Sorry for all my last minute questions before this deal is finalized...but I have another.

First I made a deposit on the blazer today, and he is delivering it to me on Monday morning. The deposit wasn't very much, so I won't get scammed too hard, but the guy is kind of out of work, and needed the money, so I helped him out, since he seems to be helping me out, quite a bit...anyways...

my question is this...he and I talked about a column that he has from a restore project...that seemed tight, and came out of the same year blazer(this guy has a gazillion parts) Basically, if I want, he will sell me the tilt, crossmember and an old saw(lol, girlfriend need something out of the deal to keep her interested, I am sure you guys can sympathize)...for 300 bucks...and I am just trying to decide whether to say ok, or just wait it out, and get a brand new one from Ididit for $450.00... Any help would be great...thanks...

Lenny
Old 09-26-2004, 02:25 AM   #2
Swbman

You asked for it, I would definitely go with the stock original tilt column looks better,it you ever decide to sell it or the whole blazer would for sure make more attractive buy,they not making anymore original tilts for 67-72 blazers,I would imagine ididit is pumping out quite a few of those things everyday.Remember Original Is Always Better,However Only When you dont have to pour alot money and time into it.