The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
ericjon262

The Pig Rig!

Just got a 88 Suburban 4x4, and decided to call it "The Pig Rig"!

First thing I did was rip the running boards off, put a new battery in, and do some general maintenance. the truck was filthy when I got it, so I spent several hours (8+) cleaning the truck inside and out.

Short range plan:

3 inch tuff country lift, and 33x10.50 R15 BFG All Terrain t/a's. the muffler is rotted through, so I will probably throw a hooker aerochamber in it's place, but otherwise leave it stock. I'm also planning on 3.73's or 4.11's. (I think it has 3.08's now.)

Long range plan:

3/4 or 1 ton rear axle w/2500hd disc brakes, and swap the front knuckles to 8 lug and mod them for matching 2500hd brakes, then there's the engine, planning on a as stock as possible 6.0 4L80e, maybe headers, but probably just manifolds.

overall, the paint is Ok, not multi color(well you know what I mean...) it appears to have been in at least one accident that damaged the passenger side door, and another that damaged the grill front bumper and hood, the door damage was fixed, but very poorly prepped for paint, and therefore looks pretty bad up close. the bumper, grill and hood still needs to be fixed, but it shouldn't be too hard.
Attached Images

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote