The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #1251
chevy2tom

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Finished my serpentine set up & installed my electric fans
Old 10-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #1252
67Slider

Took a drive this morning. Grounded something out and got some smoke in the cab. Found my main battery ground had vibrated off and grounded the chassis while the engine continued to run. These trucks give us opportunities to be patient. Love that old truck!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #1253
ole dollor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2tom View Post
Finished my serpentine set up & installed my electric fans
that is a very nice looking set up you have there....looks great.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #1254
chevy2tom

Thanks OD, picked up the March serpentine set up used from a forum member who switched to one with a/c which I'm sure I'll be doing in a year or two.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #1255
ole dollor

Quote:
Thanks OD, picked up the March serpentine set up used from a forum member who switched to one with a/c which I'm sure I'll be doing in a year or two.
yes one with ac would be great, I sure like that set up .
Old 10-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #1256
chevy2tom

OD they are nice but the price isn't so nice lol.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #1257
ole dollor

Quote:
OD they are nice but the price isn't so nice lol.
no the price is always high for our toys, but what is not these days...
Old 10-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #1258
chevy2tom

So true, so true lol
Old 10-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #1259
Saclandman

Started straightening and stripping the grill for my 67. Have some more work to do but getting there.

1967 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside w/283 and 4spdSOLD
2002 Chevy Tahoe 4X4 5.3L SOLD
2015 Chevy Silverado Crew 4X4 5.3L
Old 10-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #1260
CST10

Well I finally found the vacuum leak in the ol 68. It's the carb base cracked/broken at the bolt ear. Anyone know where to find a Rochester monojet 7029014 model?
Brutus the 1998 Camaro Z28, 33,500 original miles, LS1, 519 RWHP/497 RWTQ.
Member of the Louisiana Classic Truck Club, LCTC
Member of the Louisiana C10 Club
Member of the Baton Rouge Drifters Car Club
Old 10-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #1261
Wildcard

I live in Clarkston Wa, and Wife and I made a trip to Moses Lake Wa (160miles) today to get a complete great condition Cab for our 67 chevy took the drive on and off tilt deck snowmobile trailer and Lynn owner had a sweet new smaller tractor He had the cab lifted up on the forks and tilted back ready for us so I could see under the cab, All cab supports are all Rust Free and only a small few rust thru holes on the RH side kickpanel to floor Was really impressed.

It had the original owners manual and factory inspection sheet in the jockey box him and I both found all guage cluster there, stock radio in the dash, ignition switch w/key in the dash, Jockbox insert intack, complete cig lighter, descent seat windshield descent, had all good condition cab mounts and all hardward bolts intact good condition floormat not going to use cause my truck has good carpet but was just neat, all heater box there etc.. I told him I was using this cab for a Jig type foundation so I can chop the top on this cab and doors and fix any rust if it had any and I have almost No rust to repair so I could again chop the top and get all prepped and ready on body work, glass and rubbers fit, all custom work done to this cab with out having to teardown or fix all the rust on my truck cab.

I went to pull and save in Spokane and they and spalding auto parts wanted $250 for a top and $50 each for doors so I could have the extra parts to chop the cab on my truck now, Wow way to much money. I got this cab and he thru in an extra set of doors and a top he had already cut off a truck he scrapped and a few more goodies All for $250 and I don`t have to touch my truck now I can keep it intact and get the running gear in tact and improve driveability and everything there mocked up and tested before it comes time to tear it down and shorten the frame and the LWB I and going to shorting the longbox down to a SWB now paying the money for a shortbox kit I`ll do it my self I have extensive Fabrication skills

Cant wait to get the cab stripped down blasted and go from there.

Got all my CPP shock relocation brackets in today and going to order ubolts and drop blocks to bring the back down a couple more inchs.

Wildcard

Last edited by Wildcard; 10-26-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:35 AM   #1262
texjake

I replaced the front drum shoes, repacked the wheel bearings & replaced both front shocks. I replaced the belts & installed a new alternator. Next I sprayed on that Rust-Oleum® truck bed coating lining on the inside of the bed before I replaced the wood this week.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2014, 01:40 AM   #1263
Wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by texjake View Post
I replaced the front drum shoes, repacked the wheel bearings & replaced both front shocks. I replaced the belts & installed a new alternator. Next I sprayed on that Rust-Oleum® truck bed coating lining on the inside of the bed before I replaced the wood this week.

what did it cost ya for the wood kit? and where is the best priced place to get it, I`m shortening the LWBed box down to a SWB

Wildcard
Old 10-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #1264
texjake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
what did it cost ya for the wood kit? and where is the best priced place to get it, I`m shortening the LWBed box down to a SWB

Wildcard
I'm doing the wood myself. I bought my wood at Lowe's because I am doing this as a budget build and most kits I saw were anywhere from $500 to $800+. That's just way too much for my blood. So I bought 9 1x10x10 for only $153.00 and I got my strips & bolt kit from Classic Chevy parts.com aka: www.classicparts.com for $156.00. I bought the zinc ones cause I'm going to paint the metal strips with that same Rust-Oleum® truck bed coating lining. And since your going to be doing a short bed it will be a lot cheaper for you. There are dimensions on the site here for the bed wood plans.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #1265
jtinpdx

I installed a universal windshield washer pump where the TSC (transmission spark contol) relays used to be. Not the prettiest job, but it works now!

-Jeff
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2014, 08:12 PM   #1266
midniteblues

i got something done this weekend.now i gotta finish the caps
Attached Images

'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #1267
VWNate1

Replacement Monojet Carby

It depends on how much $ you have to spend .

Rock Auto.com has *very* good rebuilds in the *exact* original part number , most over the countercarbys mix and match parts willy nilly , I don't like that .

I have also found that E-Bay will yield you a N.O.S. , rebuilt or cheap used one if your patient .

Cheap like $15 delivered to your door , you'll have to clean it up etc. but if you're after the correct ' Just So ' one like your clean truck deserves , that's the way to go .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
Old 10-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #1268
70CHEVYBB

trying to finish up my 3/4 to 1/2 ton conversion. I added a hydro-boost system and put a prop valve on from a 93 truck to wrap up the disc conversion.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2014, 12:34 AM   #1269
mechanic350

Did an oil change and a burnout. Just keeping the old girl going.

2018 Toyota Tacoma but hunting for another C10

Link to my build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=607303
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/72c10shortbox/?hl=en
Old 10-28-2014, 12:19 AM   #1270
Wildcard

got the truck up on the lift this evening at work to grease all the new frontend parts, had it aligned Friday.

Here is a pic or two of the Cab I got in Moses Lake, got extra pair of doors and and extra top for free so got what I need for extra parts when I start chopping the top 4inchs. had good dash panel, jockey box and the stock AM radio was still in the dash, had original Owners manual and dealership inspection paper still in the Jockey box, pretty cool.

We went to and got back from Moses Lake Saturday and Sunday morning I went out and completely stripped All the parts out of the Cab and gonna check on havin it sandblasted or rent me a portable trailer type compressor and portable sandblaster, I did this when I built my 28` Model A chopped, channeled Ford Coupe I still have.

Wildcard
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #1271
Wildcard

here are a couple more of the Cab I got, came with complete matching doors and like mentioned before another pair of doors and extra top.

I ordered 10inch ubolts last night so I can complete the shock relocation bracket install along with I`m making a 2inch drop block for the rear also.

Wildcard
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #1272
texjake

I installed a cowl screen today to keep all the dang leaves out of my cab via thru the vents. I used some screen door mesh that I had laying around & I hot glued it to the back side of the cowl. It wasn't the easiest thing to do, the screen kept wanting to roll up on me before the hot glue set up, but it was by far cheaper than ordering one thru a vendor.
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #1273
BugzC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70CHEVYBB View Post
trying to finish up my 3/4 to 1/2 ton conversion. I added a hydro-boost system and put a prop valve on from a 93 truck to wrap up the disc conversion.
What brand DynoBoost did you install?
Old 10-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #1274
Ozzy2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywurm View Post
I pulled a tired l6 and put a 72 350 in my 71 long bed this weekend... What a chore for a first time swapper to do alone. May rebuild the l6 or may sell it. Haven't decided yet.

Pulled the old motor Friday night. I didn't have the parking brake on so the truck rolled back a little and turned the transmission a bit. I'm pretty sure the only thing that stopped it from rolling further was the transmission dip stick. Oops...

Saturday I replace the transmission mount and use my police crown vic to push the truck up the driveway to turn the transmission back. Got it pretty straight. Jacked up the tranny so it was level. And lastly put the old motor on a second engine stand so I could use the hoist. The wife had other things for me to do so that was about it for today.

Today I got the motor in place and on the new motor mounts. Was getting late and have calculus homework so had to call it quits.

At this point, I need to figure out how to get the last half inch between the engine and tranny cleared and get the transmission all the way turned right. Probably about 3/4" off. Any tips would be appreciated.
Make sure your converter didn't move spin it and make sure its all the way back .You can use some longer bolts temporary and gently pull the trans into place just make sure you don't have too much resistance .If need be take the trans mount loose and wiggle it man!ha ha good luck.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #1275
VWNate1

Exclamation Prophylactic Measure

This is a very good idea and should be done to all our trucks , the collected leaves rusted out and destroyed my other wise perfect low mileage , good original paint cab .

-Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by texjake View Post
I installed a cowl screen today to keep all the dang leaves out of my cab via thru the vents. I used some screen door mesh that I had laying around & I hot glued it to the back side of the cowl. It wasn't the easiest thing to do, the screen kept wanting to roll up on me before the hot glue set up, but it was by far cheaper than ordering one thru a vendor.
Closed Thread