The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2020, 08:25 PM   #26
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Looking for suspension suggestions

I think the OP needs to find a shop to do ALL the work. Tell them what you want and let them build you a blazer. Complete. Everything. One shop. TURNKEY.
Just my opinion.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:15 AM   #27
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I think the OP needs to find a shop to do ALL the work. Tell them what you want and let them build you a blazer. Complete. Everything. One shop. TURNKEY.
Just my opinion.
Easier said than done and I do not have $100,000 to spend!

I do want to thank everyone who has given advise and opinions on parts that would work for what I have described. I learned a few new things and am still researching. This is the first 2 wheel drive coil sprung truck I have ever owned. All my previous Blazers and Jimmy's were 4X4. Still open to suggestions.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #28
gmc684x4

I know the feeling my truck has not been a 2 wheel drive for close to 30 years lol

Look at Spring rates as well you want something that hits close to stock and not ride like you cut the stocker in halve

Cpp has heaver then stock springs and do not publish there spring rate seen enough threads why does my truck run rough there like a rough country lift its going to ride rough

Here is a thread i found with spring rates 1/2 tons are around 1018 lbs

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697795
gmc684x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #29
SIXTY9

I would check with the people at QA1.net. I installed there front and rear system on my 69 C/10. They know there spring rates and are more than willing to talk to you about what you want. You can buy the systems thru Jegs or Summit cheaper than from them, I used my stock trailing arms with no C=notch. I also installed the Wilwood dropped front spindles with there front 4 piston disc brake kit. Wilwood also has the rear disc brake system with Emergency drakes also.

Wally
Attached Images

SIXTY9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:20 PM   #30
LS short box

My 68 LS swapped is semi Pro Tour. 4\6 drop. 4" spring with a 2" block in the back. Yes on the C notch. Stock trailing arms stitch welded where the two halves meet. Front is 2.5" drop spindles 2" drop springs. Closer to 4" drop due the aluminum LS. POL tubular a-arms set at 5.5 degree camber. POL sway bar. Handles well and goes straight down the road.
20" wheels all around. C5 brakes in the front. Purchased from the guy on this forum who sells the C5 brake kits. Works well. C5 brake booster and 2002 Camaro master. 1997 Camaro rear disc brakes. Has the built in e-brake.
I didn't box my frame. It feels very solid. I haven't had it on a auto cross cross course but I think it would be good.
I've had a few cars with adjustable coil overs. Mostly to adjust the ride height and damping. Once I set them up I never touched them again.
My .02 is maybe you build the stock frame up and then if you aren't happy you can go the custom frame route.
If you aren't doing the work it will be much cheaper if most of the parts are some what unbolt the old and bolt on the new.
Good luck with your project.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote