The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
FoxJ12

Lm7 swap help

I have been sifting through a LOT of old threads and seem to be spinning my wheels here on what I need exactly.
70 c10
‘02 LM7
I want to use low mount a/c bracket for budget reasons. I have seen some which didn’t require a high mount.
I have heard that you can’t use the stock lm7 exhaust manifold. Is this true? Or can you slightly trim frame to fit?

Which aftermarket mounts will enable what I would like to do? These are the stock mount perches on my truck:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/u5d6RTZzjR5U9MXS8

Thanks.
FoxJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 04:53 PM   #2
bigmoe

Re: Lm7 swap help

Just a comment about the transmission crossmember you have. I have the same one. Came with the truck otherwise I would not have purchased it. I cut and modified mine for exhaust routing otherwise it's right in the way. You can buy a mount with bump ups in it to allow for exhaust if you are unable to modify that one.
What ever you choose for engine mounts you want it as low as possible to keep the driveline angle down. A big tunnel hump helps as well to get the trans up to keep the driveline angle down.
I used Performance On Line tubular frame mounts because I didn't have any stock v8 ones. I bought some Ebay four position block adapters plates and ended up in the 3rd position forward so the coils would clear the firewall on the pass side (Gen IV 5.3, 65 C10)
Attached Images

Last edited by bigmoe; 07-18-2020 at 05:03 PM.
bigmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Jason Banks

Re: Lm7 swap help

Here are some pictures I posted of ac compressor using the Hooker Blackheart mounts

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...5&postcount=91

The mounts are part # BHS511
Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote