The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
4shongo

Carrier Bearing installed

I finally went to a friend's house this past Friday and installed the bearing. My bearing was literally trashed but surprisingly the vibration was not that bad except around 40-45; but I believe the air suspension was covering a lot of that. Anyways, it was pretty straight forward, I marked/double marked/triple marked everything in the driveline before taking it apart. 1.5 hours later, the new bearing assembly was installed. Rides a lot better, no more vibration. I didn't realize how bad it was until the new part was installed. Best part....no needle bearing were hurt/dropped during this repair
4shongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Carrier Bearing installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4shongo View Post
I finally went to a friend's house this past Friday and installed the bearing. My bearing was literally trashed but surprisingly the vibration was not that bad except around 40-45; but I believe the air suspension was covering a lot of that. Anyways, it was pretty straight forward, I marked/double marked/triple marked everything in the driveline before taking it apart. 1.5 hours later, the new bearing assembly was installed. Rides a lot better, no more vibration. I didn't realize how bad it was until the new part was installed. Best part....no needle bearing were hurt/dropped during this repair

Good deal.

I think I need to check the one in the Panel Truck. I'm getting a little vibration around 60. I put a new one in when I put the LS1 in it but the cushion doesn't seem to last too long in the replacements.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
highwinger

Re: Carrier Bearing installed

I'm on my third one in the few years I've had mine. The first time, it was suggested to get the billet version. So that's what's in there now.
highwinger is offline   Reply With Quote