The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2020, 02:46 PM   #1
some383

Where to buy Bedsides?

I am sure this has been discussed on here a few times and I apologize if this is redundant. However, I am building a 1969 c10 and I want to purchase new short bed sides. I have built several trucks and I know aftermarket doors, fenders, and hoods are hard pressed to fit like originals. I know a few people have had success with aftermarket bedsides. So if I make a trip to Southern Kentucky to get their bedsides, do they come from specific dies that are better than anyone else? If I order them from a local guy and they come stamped Keyparts or other china brand are they the same others are getting? Is it worth driving 10 hours one way to southern Kentucky or just get them locally? Just curious to what everyones thoughts are. Obviously I want them to be as nice as possible and dont mind spending a little extra for quality. All thoughts and opinions considered. Thank You.
some383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
jayoldschool

Re: Where to buy Bedsides?

I think they all come from the same place, no matter what the label. We did a complete bed on a 63, front, sides, tubs, gate. Bolted it to OE cross sills. Went together fine, had to hog out a couple holes on the front panel (just like I did on my 65 with the aftermarket panel).

So, if you can get them local through a shop that deals with sheetmetal, go ahead.
jayoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
Lanman1972

Re: Where to buy Bedsides?

Be sure to assemble the complete bed, then disassemble for paint prep. I bought mine from GMC Pauls and I am very satisfied.