The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2016, 12:07 AM   #1
crazzmc

Red face Found a c10 - A little too rusty?

Found a stepside c10 with a 350 in it. Rocker panels, fenders, bed, and floor boards (got some decent holes) are rusted, but I love the look of the body. Guy wants $6,000. It does run and drive no title. What do you guys think is a reasonable price for something like this?

I've done some small welding (I have a small dune buggy), but nothing on this scale. It's going to be my first "project". I definitely think I can handle the work, it's more money at this point. Been looking at replacement after market parts and prices seem decent.

Just wanted to get your two cents! Thanks everyone.

Also I live in CT, and I never find c10s here that have the rusted patina look, so kind of excited if I can get this for a good price.

*getting pics tomorrow

Last edited by crazzmc; 07-28-2016 at 12:14 AM.
crazzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:10 AM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: Found a c10 - Rusted to bits :/

Doesn't sound like a $6,000 truck, but we really need pictures.
It sounds like you could find a $4,500 west or southwest truck in way better shape and have $1,500 to get it shipped back.
But without pictures it's hard to give good advice. Rusted to bits may mean a different thing to me than it does to you.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:13 AM   #3
crazzmc

Re: Found a c10 - Rusted to bits :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
Doesn't sound like a $6,000 truck, but we really need pictures.
It sounds like you could find a $4,500 west or southwest truck in way better shape and have $1,500 to get it shipped back.
But without pictures it's hard to give good advice. Rusted to bits may mean a different thing to me than it does to you.
Got it. I'll take some pics tomorrow when I go see it.
crazzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
Front Range

Re: Found a c10 - A little too rusty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzmc View Post
Rocker panels, fenders, bed, and floor boards (got some decent holes) are rusted
There will most likely be cancer in the inner kick panel, inner rockers, inner floor supports that you don't normally see without pulling the outer skin off. See if you can crawl up under it and check the cab supports. That is a heck of a lot of man hours you'll end up doing on top of 6 grand if you repair the rust.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:11 AM   #5
Dave in Ozark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Range View Post
There will most likely be cancer in the inner kick panel, inner rockers, inner floor supports that you don't normally see without pulling the outer skin off. See if you can crawl up under it and check the cab supports. That is a heck of a lot of man hours you'll end up doing on top of 6 grand if you repair the rust.
And no title to boot. Not sure what the procedure would be to get one. Without it in my opinion, regardless of condition, the truck was priced too high.
Dave in Ozark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:02 PM   #6
Ken B

No title needed in CT to register so long as you have the previous owners registration... But, it will suck if someone wants to buy the truck from outside CT. and their state requires a title...
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:10 PM   #7
franken

Not even close to $6k in my mind. What're you going to do when the snow flies and it's 15 degrees?
Have the bodywork done, do the brakes, front end rebuild, complete fluid change and you'll have 11k in a 7k truck.
franken is online now   Reply With Quote