The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
Klassen kustoms

Advice on lt1 swap in a 91 2wd S10 jimmy

Needing some experienced advice from some people who have done the swap! I know my way around a v8 S10 so that’s not the issue but I’m a little stumped on how to wire the lt1? I’ve never really messed around with one that wasn’t in the chassis it came with and I want to do something with fuel injection for the jimmy!

I’m just kinda wondering how was the wire harness wiring ? Lots of it or was it fairly straight forward ? Or is their pre made harnesses ( google didn’t come up with much )

I’ll probably be doing an lt1/700r4 setup and the trucks currently a tbi 2.8 if that makes a difference in wiring vs the 4.3

Thank you in advance! Any tips about pretty much anything on the swap will be appreciated
Klassen kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Advice on lt1 swap in a 91 2wd S10 jimmy

They have a couple swap harnesses. I only mildly looked into that when I dropped a LT1 into my 69 Camaro, but I did carb swap for my personal ease.

A couple of pointers. If you use a Corvette, Camaro, or Caprice version. Use the radiator from that vehicle. All 3 have different water pumps, and differences in the radiator due to the way the hoses are utilized.

I used the Camaro style since it looked more like the classic style of my factory heater routing.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #3
Klassen kustoms

I was not aware of that they were different like that thank you.. I’ll look a bit harder into the swap harnesses I might’ve missed something I was hanging out with a couple friends while scrolling so I might’ve missed something while talking
Klassen kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #4
Ziegelsteinfaust

https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/60502

Lastly it is a good idea to run the steam bypass off the back of the block. Sometimes the air pockets can be trapped there.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote