The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
seldomseen65
spirit rider66

Location: pahrump, nevada, in the bowels of the Mojave desert
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANlowGREEN View Post
The '63 as I said is and would already be torn down if the Jerkwads at Diamond Outdoor of the Carolinas would quit lying and just drag there sorry butts over here and put my garage up. It is in need of total resto and it will be repainted green but not that shade of green (not even close), it is also getting a 6.0 LS motor & 4L65E trans so even though 350s are a dime a dozen the just under 15,000 mile, totally rebuilt 327 in it will be free so it's what will be going into the '74. I will do one of three things for the trans on the '74, those are, a: nothing, b: a 5 speed, c: a 700R4. My '82 S10 is an auto overdrive and so is the '63 so I kinda like having one truck that I get to shift gears manually in...
OK, gotcha, yeah I'd kinda like to go back trucking and feel the gears go into place ,,know what you mean wanting to have at least one that you could shift,, feels good !! good luck with your restore.