The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
warrpath4x4

starting them young 1972 K5

So a little back story, i basically grew up in a 1972 chevy C10, when my grandpa passed away my dad got it then he sold it after a bit and i had no say in the matter. In high school a friend comes pulling into the parking lot with a 1972 chevy truck that looked alot like my grandpas, i was remarking how much it looked like it (but lowered with a sunroof) i popped the glove box open and there were the stickers i put in there when i was a kid. Also in high school i had a 1970 C10 that if i knew then what i knew now i wouldnt have sold it after i blew the rear out of it.

Now to present day, i have been looking for a 69-72 blazer or a 67-72 pickup. i found a 1972 K5 for sale on a local facebook sale site. guy was asking $1900 but told someone his lowest price is $1600, when i finally got ahold of him and was able to go look at it he said it wasnt running anymore, it will run if you hold the key on but let go and it dies. It has been converted to HEI, he put a new ignition switch in the dash and still the same problem. he found the plug on the ICM were cracked and almost broke, he was going to put a new distributor in it but if i wanted it the way it is he will take the price of parts off the price of the truck.

ME: "so how much are you thinking?"

GUY: "$1200"

ME "SOLD, ill give you 6 now and 6 when i get the title" (stupid wyoming has to have a notorized title)

this thing was this guys baby, he rebuilt it 20 years ago. rebuilt the engine added HEI, trans, transfercase, rear axle, new front driveline, new exhaust, new steering box, seats re-upholstered, new black diamond suspension 2" lift (but it sits high in the front), paint job but its peeling (looks like a macco paint job). since the rebuild he has put about 5,000 miles on it. he got divorced and is moving which is why he sold it so cheap.

i will be picking it up tonight and bringing it into work to get it running this week. i am going to strip some parts from my 91 suburban to install on here like my aluminum radiator, windstar electric fans, the 3/4 ton axles and tires. i also have a trans cooler with built in electric fan to install. my dad is bringing my tubing bender out from oregon for me this summer so ill do a full cage, bumpers (ditching the front fast). save up and drop a 5.3L into it maybe next summer.

my son who is 3 has already claimed the truck, i show him pictures "thats my truck dad". My plan is to keep this thing till he is old enough to drive and hand it down to him.
warrpath4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote